Casperrito - Jaguar F-Type R AWD Coupe

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Jamesrust777 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:59 am You’ve literally just described my exact car in your spec. Just don’t have the sunroof. The storm wheels used to be black and metal finish on pre 2017/18 modes. From MY18 the wheels come in black only. They are the only wheels available if ceramic brakes are fitted.

The colour of mine is corris/ammonite grey. Code 1AB

I’ll keep a look out. But like others have said, I think you will find it hard to get the exact spec for less than £50k.

Fingers crossed

Nice motor ! 8-) Yeah I have been looking at the alloys with the black and metal finish (see below) but like you said that's pretty close to what I'm after! :D

I didn't realise they were just in black from MY18 onwards. Tbh I haven't really been looking at ones that new as they weren't in my price range so at least I don't need to worry about that :)

Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... YPE&page=1

So this has popped up. Obviously no pictures but this garage is only 10miles away so I might pop round after work and have a look. No idea if its a MY16 or not thought so not sure about the InControl apps. Will see if I can get the VIN number to get the full spec.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Casperrito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:06 am So this has popped up. Obviously no pictures but this garage is only 10miles away so I might pop round after work and have a look. No idea if its a MY16 or not thought so not sure about the InControl apps. Will see if I can get the VIN number to get the full spec.
The reg and VIN so you can have a look are GU65AHE and SAJAL63PXGMK24842 and its a MY16
There have been six V5C's issued
Clear on PNC
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:37 pm
Casperrito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:06 am So this has popped up. Obviously no pictures but this garage is only 10miles away so I might pop round after work and have a look. No idea if its a MY16 or not thought so not sure about the InControl apps. Will see if I can get the VIN number to get the full spec.
The reg and VIN so you can have a look are GU65AHE and SAJAL63PXGMK24842 and its a MY16
There have been six V5C's issued
Clear on PNC
I would love to know how you found that out so quickly? :lol:

So called the wheels were sent out for refurbishment this morning so it will be a week or so before its ready to be looked at.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Casperrito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:08 pm I would love to know how you found that out so quickly? :lol:
When I was looking for my F-Type I found it a minefield of information and misinformation.
I found a way of finding VRN and then VIN numbers using Jaguar system to aid my search without having to call and view loads.
Shame TopiX no longer allows free access to build sheets since last year though.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:34 pm
Casperrito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:08 pm I would love to know how you found that out so quickly? :lol:
When I was looking for my F-Type I found it a minefield of information and misinformation.
I found a way of finding VRN and then VIN numbers using Jaguar system to aid my search without having to call and view loads.
Shame TopiX no longer allows free access to build sheets since last year though.

I was literally relying on TopiX to get the build sheet and realised it is no longer free just before I read your message :( just signed up as well! :lol: Don't suppose you know another way I can get the full spec?

scm

Post by scm »

Casperrito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:41 pmDon't suppose you know another way I can get the full spec?
Send the VIN to Jaguar Customer Services (jagcrc@jaguar.com) and ask for the TOPIx Vehicle Summary. Or ask a friendly dealer.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:57 pm
Casperrito wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:41 pmDon't suppose you know another way I can get the full spec?
Send the VIN to Jaguar Customer Services (jagcrc@jaguar.com) and ask for the TOPIx Vehicle Summary. Or ask a friendly dealer.
I have dropped them an email. see what they come back with. :D

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

So Jaguar finally emailed me the build sheet (nice of them). Took me a while to work out the acronyms for some of them but got there in the end :D

Quick question though...

STNG WHL-LEATHER R (RACING) - I take it this is the flat bottom wheel?

So the car isn't quite ready yet as its having its wheels refurbished but hopefully I will be able to see it next week. Hopefully I can get a little bit of Wonga knocked off but but I'm not holding my breath. Feel nervous/excited. Been looking for so long and hope everything checkouts/ someone doesn't sneak in and buy it before I have seen it :cry:

scm

Post by scm »

Casperrito wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:07 pm Quick question though...

STNG WHL-LEATHER R (RACING) - I take it this is the flat bottom wheel?
Mine says that and I have the flat bottomed wheel.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post