Casperrito - Jaguar F-Type R AWD Coupe

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

NavigatorNI wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:23 pm Re the heated seats - when I switch mine on the temperature stays pretty constant all the time, no reduction or switching off as you have described.

PS Great looking car & I like your number plate.

Does yours have seat cooler as well or is it just the heated seats?

Cheers fella, Yeah I love it and the plate just finishes it off :D
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Casperrito wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:23 pm
NavigatorNI wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:23 pm Re the heated seats - when I switch mine on the temperature stays pretty constant all the time, no reduction or switching off as you have described.

Just the heated seats, not cooled.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I believe the heated seats and the climate seats have different ways of operating - I know on my XE I had heated seats that just stayed on. The climate seats on my F-Type I have not really tried for long enough to know but the heating feels very different, not quite as hot.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 am I believe the heated seats and the climate seats have different ways of operating -...
Yep, heated seats use electric elements, the heated and cooled seats use Peltier cells and fans.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

NavigatorNI wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:40 pm
Casperrito wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:23 pm

Just the heated seats, not cooled.

Hmmm well it sounds like mine aren't working correctly for some reason. It's weird, I can turn them on to level 1 and its goes warmish and dies off, then select level 2 then it goes hot and then dies off and then choose level 3 and then it goes really hot and dies off. Looking at the voltage as well it doesn't really drop a huge amount. I wonder if there is a module or a thermocouple which is faulty. :?

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Little update:

So long story short I have had my car cleaned elsewhere for several years and with my new purchase of a Kärcher pressure washer (mainly for the drive) I thought I would return to the dark arts of car cleaning.

So after a little bit of tinterweb research I settled on the Autoglym range… Ok I have to admit I was a little bit trigger happy with the Autoglym products :? mainly because I couldn’t be bothered doing any more research and the fact that I’m sad and I like to have matching products (e.g. my tools are all DeWalt ) :roll: . So in the end I went for…

• Autoglym Polar blast 500ml (Starter Pack)
  • Autoglym Polar Wash 500ml (Starter Pack)
  • Autoglym Polar Seal 500ml (Starter Pack)
  • Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing, 500ml
  • Autoglym Polar Blaster
  • 2x Autoglym Hi-Tech Microfibre Drying Towel

20211103_161308.jpg

(One of the microfibre towels and the tyre dressing arrived a day later)

As I have never used a foam attachment before I was pleasantly surprised how satisfying this part of the car cleaning wash :lol: . I was also surprised how long the foam stayed on the car.

20211103_163100.jpg

20211103_163104.jpg

Unfortunately it was dark by the time I finished so I didn’t manage to get a picture of the finished product. That being said the Polar Seal must have done something as this was the beading effect a few days later. Quite satisfying to the eye

20211105_083330.jpg

20211105_083449.jpg

Granted this was the first time I have used these products so will have a better idea on how good they are as time goes on but overall I was quite happy with them all especially the Polar Seal. I’m half tempted to try the Bilt Hamber snow foam when I run out of the Polar Blast. Still undecided on that. Also next time I promise to get a picture of the finished product :D

@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

Casper

It looks great!

I cleaned mine for the first time on Sunday and cocked it right up! Now fully understand the need for the snow foam element.

As a result of me making the Mrs’ newly washed and cleaned windows all wet again, I have decided to get mine done by a local detailer once a month - being a black car it shows every swirl 🙈🙈🙈🙈
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

@299Peter wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:57 am Casper

It looks great!

I cleaned mine for the first time on Sunday and cocked it right up! Now fully understand the need for the snow foam element.

As a result of me making the Mrs’ newly washed and cleaned windows all wet again, I have decided to get mine done by a local detailer once a month - being a black car it shows every swirl 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Ahh that doesn't sound too good. Yeah I have had a black car in the past and you really do see every swirl. a good machine polish usually sorts it though :D

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

So the car is due a minor service (80,000Mls/60 Months Service - £252.52) but like other people have mentioned on this forum there is the "Winter Service offer" (£299) available which also gives you £750 warranty cover for your next M.O.T. if any work needs doing. However I was struggling to find out exactly what the winter service included so I emailed my local Jaguar dealers to see if it would be sufficient as a replacement to the 80,000Mls/60 Months Service...

I had two very different responses. :lol:

The first response...

The current winter offer excludes SVR’s & 5.0L Vehicle variants ( this is due to the special type of brake fluid & 0W-20 supercharged oil type )

Your due 80K/60month service only requires the oil & oil filter replacing.

However, I can offer a ‘winter service’ for your Jaguar at £370.00 Inc VAT ( including all listed items )

Would you like me to check when we can get booked in for?

The second response...

Yes you could have the winter service done instead as the 80,000 service is a minor one anyway

I have attached a PDF of what is included

Winter.jpg

I had a quick look at the T&Cs at the bottom of the PDF...

winter 2.jpg

So it looks like the first garage is trying to pull a fast one by saying the 5.0ltr engine is excluded to get an extra £71 for the same job :shock:

Also don't all F-Types take the 0W-20 oil? :?

scm

Post by scm »

Casperrito wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm Also don't all F-Types take the 0W-20 oil? :?
I think (but am willing to be corrected) that the early ones used 5W-20 - not sure which MY they changed to 0W-20.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post