Casperrito - Jaguar F-Type R AWD Coupe

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:28 am Pictures look lovely. The 107 is an ideal winter car! I had a fiat 500 with 117k on the clock,. It confused the hell out of people at work because they couldn't reconcile that it was the same person driving the cars as they were so different 😂.
haha I never want to drive that 107 again. Was hoping to sell it today but the buyer never turned up. yet another time waster. I had considered having a car for work/winter but in the end I thought sod it. I know exactly what you mean with people at work. The amount of stick that I got from the lads at work for rocking up in that 107 was silly. 4.0ltr V8 to 1ltr to 5.0ltr V8 :lol: :lol:
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Ohhh also I have a question to anyone with heated seats? Mine seams to be red hot and then cools off quite allot. Even if ii turn it off and back on again it doesn't seem to get as hot. I'm wondering if everyone else's are like this or if its an issue? I've had a quick search in the forum but not found much

ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

Great looking, I absolutely love those wheels, you got me now on the hunt for a set, congrats and enjoy!
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

ralphr1780 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:35 am Great looking, I absolutely love those wheels, you got me now on the hunt for a set, congrats and enjoy!

Cheers fella, Yeah as soon as I saw these alloys I knew they were the ones for me. I love the fact they look like thin 5 spoke alloys from a distance. I don't think I have ever parked so far away from kerbs in my life :lol: :roll:

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Does anyone know if there is an option to see the battery voltage on the dash? I have had a quick search and can't see anything

Basically I'm wondering if my battery is on it's way out. The seat warmers seem to come on really hot then fade off to nothing regardless if I have driven 1 mile or 50 miles and once they have cooled they won't come back on until I have turn the car off for a certain amount of time. Little bit weird. Also I have noticed the start/stop seems to be very erratic (not as bothered about this) even if the temperature outside is warm and again regardless of journey length.

I don't own a trickle charger as I use the car daily and I don't have a multi-meter at home atm as my old man currently has it (Typical)! :roll:

Any help is appreciated :D

scm

Post by scm »

No way that i'm aware of to see battery voltage on the dash. I have a little plugin meter that I stick in the 12V power socket. What age is your car (your sig is a little light on detail!)?

Can'r answer your seat heating question as I have the heated and cooled seats which use different technology.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:39 pm No way that i'm aware of to see battery voltage on the dash. I have a little plugin meter that I stick in the 12V power socket. What age is your car (your sig is a little light on detail!)?

Can'r answer your seat heating question as I have the heated and cooled seats which use different technology.

No worries, Thought it was worth asking as my last couple of cars had the voltage in hidden menus.

The car is MY16 and has done 34,000 miles. No idea if the battery has been changed or not. I'll have a look

Did you buy something like this?

Quite a handy thing to have really.

scm

Post by scm »

I'm a cheapskate so didn't get USB charging capability, just a plugin volt meter for a couple of quid. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Re the heated seats - when I switch mine on the temperature stays pretty constant all the time, no reduction or switching off as you have described.

PS Great looking car & I like your number plate.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:19 am I'm a cheapskate so didn't get USB charging capability, just a plugin volt meter for a couple of quid. :)

Well I got one of these and the voltage looks absolutely find so I doubt the battery is the issue. :?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post