Casperrito - Jaguar F-Type R AWD Coupe

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:42 am Contact jaguar CRC , I had a similar problem will be DIY from now on
I'll see what they come back with again and if its still not sorted in a week or so I'll have to chaise it up with Jaguar CRC.
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

stevejag wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:41 am
Casperrito wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:54 am Well my first experience getting the F-Type serviced with Jaguar (Inchcape - Preston) hasn't been the best tbh. :cry:

Soooo my F-Type was due a minor service before Christmas and after looking on the website I saw that they had a "Winter Service" offer on which covered much more (See below) then my minor service and had a £750 MOT warranty cover included for not much more money. So after confirming with the dealer that I the winter service would be good enough to replace the 80,000 mile minor service I pulled the trigger and got it booked in.

Winter.jpg

So far so good. The cars was dropped off in the morning and I picked it up in the afternoon. It was only when I was going through the paperwork in more detail I realised they had only done an oil & filter change, a "Pre winter" check and a eVHC. I later confirmed this by checking my online service history.

Service history.jpg

They didn't even log it as a service so on the home page I have 2 outstanding warnings...

Outstanding alerts.jpg

I contacted the dealer letting them know that they had missed half of the items off the winter service (Mainly the brake fluid change) and the fact that they hadn't classed it as a service and they said they were not sure why the items were missed off but they would get it back in and sort it out. OK fine. I accept that mistakes happen. as log as they are willing to fix the issue I am willing to let it slide.

The car goes back in for the second time. They collected it and dropped it off this time. The paperwork looked better this time round however there is a note saying that they couldn't update the online service history and have ask Jaguar to do it for them....This I found odd but ok I'll leave it for a few days and see what happens. on the 3rd day I get a phone call asking how my service went and I explained that the online service history hadn't been completed yet and the response was " ok thanks for your feedback" and then the phone went dead! :shock: Wasn't interested about resolving it...

I phoned the dealer the day after and asked them to look into it and again they apologised and said the will look into it....I heard nothing back. Another week passes and I send an email to the aftersales advisor. I got a quick email saying she apologised that it hadn't been done and added her manager to the email...8 days later I have still not heard anything so I have just fired another email off chasing it up.

Its coming up to 2 months since the car originally went in for its service and its still not sorted and I'm so sick of chasing this up. Rant over!! :x

My F was originally for sale at Inchcape Preston , asked them to move it to Inchcape Norwich , had to be done via Norwich and so Preston lost the sale , and so bought from Norwich last Sept , just going in there today to get front tyres changed as incorrect size for wheels ! left rear was also wrong when I had it changed a few weeks ago , mixed brand on rear axle. Anyway I hope everything goes smoothly ! Not a big fan of dealers but need to get issues covered by warranty sorted if the warranty covers them as expensive otherwise. They shouldn't have allowed my F to be for sale at Preston without changing these tyres , not insured till they are right !
Wondering what to do about annual service , Inchcape or Indy which I am not aquanted with around here ....

That's really not good re the tyres. I no longer have a Jaguar warrantee (mine is Warrantee wise) so its not like I'm tied to Jaguar. I just thought it would look better on the log book but now I just simply don't trust Inchcape and there isn't another main dealer that close to me. My dad did warn me about Inchcape. He had a run in when he purchased a Discovery from Inchcape LR Brock (near Preston). They used self tapping screws (completely ignored the holes already there) to affix his number plate to his tailgate. He only realised once he put his private registration on and it had already started to rust around the holes. After a battle they eventually did pay for a new tailgate. Unreal.

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Windscreen washers not working

So recently my "Washer fluid low" sensor popped up on the dash and even after filling up the washer bottle in the boot the light stays illuminated. The washers still continued to work until eventually no more water was coming through. So after going through god knows how may threads this is what I have sussed out. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

There is a large washer fluid reservoir in the boot/rear bumper with a low level sensor and a pump. The pump goes to a smaller reservoir in the wheel arch that also has a low level sensor and two other pumps that provide washer fluid to the wipers and headlights. When the front low level sensor notices the front reservoir is getting low it signals the rear pump to activate and move washer fluid from the rear to the front until full. This does not happen if there is no washer fluid in the rear reservoir to avoid the pump running when dry.

Am I correct in saying that the low level warning will only come on the dash when the rear sensor detects the washer fluid running low. The sensor at the front only activates the pump at the rear?

So since I have filled the rear reservoir and the low washer fluid warning is still there I presume the low level sensor in the rear reservoir is playing up and saying that there is no fluid in the reservoir hence the rear pump will not activate (to avoid it running dry) hence no fluid in the front reservoir? Does this sound about right?

I thought some gunk might be causing the issue and I have seen a few posts about draining the reservoir with a large syringe, then putting Milton sterilising (Troclosene sodium) tablets in the bottle with hot water, leaving it for a few hours and then draining it again. Has anyone else tried this? I feel this is worth trying first as its a cheap fix if it works and if it doesn't there is no harm done. Seems like replacing the sensor on the rear reservoir requires taking off the entire rear bumper which sounds like a right pain. :o

FYI today I did attempt to empty the reservoir with a small syringe but after what seemed like a lifetime I gave up and ordered a bigger one which will arrive tomorrow :lol:

So does my analysis sound about right or have I missed something? Cheers in advance

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post