Casperrito - Jaguar F-Type R AWD Coupe

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Casperrito wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:28 am
Hammers wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:10 am Yes there is an Android version similar that works I am told. Yes started the car once with the app just to show off :D but not really a concern in Oz and not probably safest in a garage that has a door into the house anyway.
As fart as I can tell the original version of the infotainment won't support Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. So another reason to make sure its the updated version. (I'm not 100% on this... Hard to find info on it)
I can start my MY16 (which has the older infotainment system with buttons down each side) remotely from my Android phone with the Jaguar Remote app.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

NavigatorNI wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:34 am
Hammers wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:10 am Yes there is an Android version similar that works I am told. Yes started the car once with the app just to show off :D but not really a concern in Oz and not probably safest in a garage that has a door into the house anyway.
As fart as I can tell the original version of the infotainment won't support Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. So another reason to make sure its the updated version. (I'm not 100% on this... Hard to find info on it)
I can start my MY16 (which has the older infotainment system with buttons down each side) remotely from my Android phone with the Jaguar Remote app.
Yes think that was an option when I bought my XE with the old system but didn't order it. Was it called Infotainment Pro or something at the time?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

As far as I can tell the original version of the infotainment won't support Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. So another reason to make sure its the updated version. (I'm not 100% on this... Hard to find info on it)
scm wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:31 am
Casperrito wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:28 am As far as I can tell the original version of the infotainment won't support Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. So another reason to make sure its the updated version. (I'm not 100% on this... Hard to find info on it)
Yeah, you definitely need the 10" screen and updated software to support CP and AA.

Tbh It might just be worth investing in one of these as I doubt I will be able to afford a newer model with the 10" screen. Be handy for music and updated google maps etc. Looking through the forum a few people have said they work really well and aren't that hard to retrofit. Anyways I can cross this bridge at a later date.

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/wireles ... 2015-2017/
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.

Well you certainly know what you want.

There is nothing in or coming soon in Jaguar stock that matches your requirement (unless you drop the ceramic brakes and budget for £55k+)
SVR might be an option as more likely to have carbon brakes but all £65k+

I'm sure something will come along. Patience. Oddly your colour choice is the biggest limiting factor for you as it is ruling out options like the red one on Pistonheads (which by the way is looks under priced and would love to know the reg to look that one up being an AWD but 15 plate with full carbon pack and at that price).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:41 am
NavigatorNI wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:34 am I can start my MY16 (which has the older infotainment system with buttons down each side) remotely from my Android phone with the Jaguar Remote app.
Yes think that was an option when I bought my XE with the old system but didn't order it. Was it called Infotainment Pro or something at the time?
I think that's InControl Remote, which is a subscription service and, AFAIK, is independent of the infotainment system. There are a number of subscriptions - I have InControl Pro Services, InControl Secure, Incontrol Protect and InControl Remore Premium. No idea what they each do, though! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

I think the colour your after is Carpathian grey? It’s a very dark metallic grey, which really pops out in the sunlight.

The latest information system is Pivi Pro. I have it in my new Defender and it’s very good. Miles ahead of any of the previous systems. However, It’s a bit buggy still and my Defender is receiving regular over the air updates to sort them out. In typical JLR fashion, the customer is the beta tester!
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
scm

Post by scm »

GARETH wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:49 amIn typical JLR fashion, the customer is the beta tester!
They learnt that from Microsoft! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jamesrust777

Post by Jamesrust777 »

You’ve literally just described my exact car in your spec. Just don’t have the sunroof. The storm wheels used to be black and metal finish on pre 2017/18 modes. From MY18 the wheels come in black only. They are the only wheels available if ceramic brakes are fitted.

The colour of mine is corris/ammonite grey. Code 1AB

I’ll keep a look out. But like others have said, I think you will find it hard to get the exact spec for less than £50k.

Fingers crossed

052C8FB5-1C36-49B1-90BB-47A4188052A8.jpeg

BCA80F68-444F-4315-B87A-DF0D97ACF764.jpeg

E046FF4B-DF8E-436E-AEAA-D7C81BAF60F6.jpeg

FC3D45D8-5158-491E-ABFC-0C85185E0214.jpeg

2018MY F-Type R
Corris/Ammonite Grey
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Black Badged
Black SVR bonnet vents
Ceramic Coated with Titan coatings
Pilot Sport 4S tyres
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

NavigatorNI wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:34 am

From what I gather it was MY16 that received a slight update to the infotainment system even though it looks the same (8" screen with buttons at the side). Previous versions didn't have InControl apps hence you won't be able to start the car with your phone etc.

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:34 am Hi and welcome.

Well you certainly know what you want.

There is nothing in or coming soon in Jaguar stock that matches your requirement (unless you drop the ceramic brakes and budget for £55k+)
SVR might be an option as more likely to have carbon brakes but all £65k+

I'm sure something will come along. Patience. Oddly your colour choice is the biggest limiting factor for you as it is ruling out options like the red one on Pistonheads (which by the way is looks under priced and would love to know the reg to look that one up being an AWD but 15 plate with full carbon pack and at that price).

This is it! Time to play the waiting game. I am aware it could take time. I just hope one comes along before the end of September so I can enjoy the end of summer in it. Not rushing into getting a car that isn't what I want though. Also the added bonus of waiting is my budget will slowly be going up. £55k would be a stretch for me atm in all honesty. push comes to shove I could go slightly over £50k but we will see. Yeah if only the red was in grey I would have bought it already :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post