Casperrito - Jaguar F-Type R AWD Coupe

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:48 pm
Casperrito wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm Also don't all F-Types take the 0W-20 oil? :?
I think (but am willing to be corrected) that the early ones used 5W-20 - not sure which MY they changed to 0W-20.

Ahh fair enough. Even so...if it was used on earlier models (I can't find info past 2016) its still used on current 3.0Ltr engines from 2016 onwards so using 0W-20 as an excuse not to include my car is just a load of rubbish.

Scm, It sounds like you have found a decent independent garage. Wish I knew of one up here. Hate using the dealers as I find most of them are incompetent and i just don't trust them but since the car has full JLR service history and has only done 35k I wouldn't mind keeping that for the time being. Until I fall out with them all :lol:
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

Sandytim

Post by Sandytim »

“ Regarding the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. I know they cost a fortune to replace and most people wouldn't entertain them but having done a few track days in the M3 and being plagued with brake fade I fancy rolling the dice with them. Not to mention they look amazing with the added bonus of no brake dust (or very little). I appreciate this might not be enough of a reason for some people but my mind is made :) you only live once!”

In my experience, the only people who tell you not to go for Carbon Ceramic Brakes, are the people who haven’t got them.
scm

Post by scm »

I have no experience of CCBs, but some folks on the US forum reckon people swap their CCBs for steel rotors for track days and save the CCBs for dust free braking on the street.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Got CCB's - had them on my first and current F-Type

haven't done track days so can't comment on performance v steel discs but have never seen dust on my wheels :-) and they look amazing.

and yes they are expensive to replace but unless you have a failure the pads last 100,000 miles I think
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Sandytim wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:17 pm “ Regarding the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. I know they cost a fortune to replace and most people wouldn't entertain them but having done a few track days in the M3 and being plagued with brake fade I fancy rolling the dice with them. Not to mention they look amazing with the added bonus of no brake dust (or very little). I appreciate this might not be enough of a reason for some people but my mind is made :) you only live once!”

In my experience, the only people who tell you not to go for Carbon Ceramic Brakes, are the people who haven’t got them.

You might have a point here. :lol:
scm wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:01 pm I have no experience of CCBs, but some folks on the US forum reckon people swap their CCBs for steel rotors for track days and save the CCBs for dust free braking on the street.

Wow really?! that seems like allot of effort to swap them every time you track the car. :?
Backofthenet wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:39 pm Got CCB's - had them on my first and current F-Type

haven't done track days so can't comment on performance v steel discs but have never seen dust on my wheels :-) and they look amazing.

and yes they are expensive to replace but unless you have a failure the pads last 100,000 miles I think

They do look absolutely stunning. Really make a difference on the appearance of the car and like you said being dust free is a brilliant added bonus 8-)

Yeah I have heard they should last 100k unless you have a failure (fingers crossed this doesn't happen)

I still can't believe how close the front callipers are to the alloy. Doesn't look like the wheels should be able to spin. :shock:

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Well my first experience getting the F-Type serviced with Jaguar (Inchcape - Preston) hasn't been the best tbh. :cry:

Soooo my F-Type was due a minor service before Christmas and after looking on the website I saw that they had a "Winter Service" offer on which covered much more (See below) then my minor service and had a £750 MOT warranty cover included for not much more money. So after confirming with the dealer that I the winter service would be good enough to replace the 80,000 mile minor service I pulled the trigger and got it booked in.

Winter.jpg

So far so good. The cars was dropped off in the morning and I picked it up in the afternoon. It was only when I was going through the paperwork in more detail I realised they had only done an oil & filter change, a "Pre winter" check and a eVHC. I later confirmed this by checking my online service history.

Service history.jpg

They didn't even log it as a service so on the home page I have 2 outstanding warnings...

Outstanding alerts.jpg

I contacted the dealer letting them know that they had missed half of the items off the winter service (Mainly the brake fluid change) and the fact that they hadn't classed it as a service and they said they were not sure why the items were missed off but they would get it back in and sort it out. OK fine. I accept that mistakes happen. as log as they are willing to fix the issue I am willing to let it slide.

The car goes back in for the second time. They collected it and dropped it off this time. The paperwork looked better this time round however there is a note saying that they couldn't update the online service history and have ask Jaguar to do it for them....This I found odd but ok I'll leave it for a few days and see what happens. on the 3rd day I get a phone call asking how my service went and I explained that the online service history hadn't been completed yet and the response was " ok thanks for your feedback" and then the phone went dead! :shock: Wasn't interested about resolving it...

I phoned the dealer the day after and asked them to look into it and again they apologised and said the will look into it....I heard nothing back. Another week passes and I send an email to the aftersales advisor. I got a quick email saying she apologised that it hadn't been done and added her manager to the email...8 days later I have still not heard anything so I have just fired another email off chasing it up.

Its coming up to 2 months since the car originally went in for its service and its still not sorted and I'm so sick of chasing this up. Rant over!! :x

Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Hence why a lot of us dont use the dealers anymore, most of them are a shower of shit and just want you to buy new cars.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Timbo wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:32 pm Hence why a lot of us dont use the dealers anymore, most of them are a shower of shit and just want you to buy new cars.

Your exactly right. They have now added what they did the second time round but still not classed it as a service so its still saying its due a service?! Problem is I don't know of any good independent Jag dealers around me. :?

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Contact jaguar CRC , I had a similar problem will be DIY from now on
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Casperrito wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:54 am Well my first experience getting the F-Type serviced with Jaguar (Inchcape - Preston) hasn't been the best tbh. :cry:

Soooo my F-Type was due a minor service before Christmas and after looking on the website I saw that they had a "Winter Service" offer on which covered much more (See below) then my minor service and had a £750 MOT warranty cover included for not much more money. So after confirming with the dealer that I the winter service would be good enough to replace the 80,000 mile minor service I pulled the trigger and got it booked in.

Winter.jpg

So far so good. The cars was dropped off in the morning and I picked it up in the afternoon. It was only when I was going through the paperwork in more detail I realised they had only done an oil & filter change, a "Pre winter" check and a eVHC. I later confirmed this by checking my online service history.

Service history.jpg

They didn't even log it as a service so on the home page I have 2 outstanding warnings...

Outstanding alerts.jpg

I contacted the dealer letting them know that they had missed half of the items off the winter service (Mainly the brake fluid change) and the fact that they hadn't classed it as a service and they said they were not sure why the items were missed off but they would get it back in and sort it out. OK fine. I accept that mistakes happen. as log as they are willing to fix the issue I am willing to let it slide.

The car goes back in for the second time. They collected it and dropped it off this time. The paperwork looked better this time round however there is a note saying that they couldn't update the online service history and have ask Jaguar to do it for them....This I found odd but ok I'll leave it for a few days and see what happens. on the 3rd day I get a phone call asking how my service went and I explained that the online service history hadn't been completed yet and the response was " ok thanks for your feedback" and then the phone went dead! :shock: Wasn't interested about resolving it...

I phoned the dealer the day after and asked them to look into it and again they apologised and said the will look into it....I heard nothing back. Another week passes and I send an email to the aftersales advisor. I got a quick email saying she apologised that it hadn't been done and added her manager to the email...8 days later I have still not heard anything so I have just fired another email off chasing it up.

Its coming up to 2 months since the car originally went in for its service and its still not sorted and I'm so sick of chasing this up. Rant over!! :x

My F was originally for sale at Inchcape Preston , asked them to move it to Inchcape Norwich , had to be done via Norwich and so Preston lost the sale , and so bought from Norwich last Sept , just going in there today to get front tyres changed as incorrect size for wheels ! left rear was also wrong when I had it changed a few weeks ago , mixed brand on rear axle. Anyway I hope everything goes smoothly ! Not a big fan of dealers but need to get issues covered by warranty sorted if the warranty covers them as expensive otherwise. They shouldn't have allowed my F to be for sale at Preston without changing these tyres , not insured till they are right !
Wondering what to do about annual service , Inchcape or Indy which I am not aquanted with around here ....
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post