New Member - Just got to find the right car now !

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Kubota

Post by Kubota »

Hi, Thanks for accepting me.
I've decided an F-Type is just what I need as a 64th Birthday / pre-retirement present for myself. Surprisingly the other half has said YES to it, providing its a red convertible. So looking for something up to £40k and probably a V6.
I had a 5.0 mustang coupe which I sold last year (but hardly used it) but I want to go back to a 2 seater soft top and regain my lost youth !.
Am I correct in thinking I should steer away from the 2.0 engine if I want something that sounds 'proper' (its not for the speed, but I do like a nice exhaust note !)
I look forward to reading the words of wisdom on this forum, and I will probably post a car wanted notice in the for sale section, on the off chance that someone is selling one. I'm wary of buying private unless its an enthusiast owner. In the meantime I'll keep checking Autotrader/Pistonheads etc. Cheers.

Fez

Post by Fez »

Welcome, yes a nice V6 will make all the right noises. Good hunting....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

V6 all the way. Jaguar main dealer, Used Approved or privately off a genuine owner with a low mileage garage queen. Plenty of them about. Good Luck 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Deleted User 3357

Post by Deleted User 3357 »

mine may be for sale for genuine purchasers ... £39k as have now decided to sell for a worthwhile alternative !!

but is a blue coupe so may not be what you wanted ?? upgrading to v8 roadster if it sells
one owner from new . 4500 miles with full service history please pm me for serious interest only

Our F Type

• Purchased new in May 2017 (but is a 2018 year model)
• Full service history by jaguar main dealer
• Both MOT’s
• Both sets of keys
• No outstanding finance
• Reg – EK17 ECJ
• Current mileage – 4500 .. that’s right you read that correctly 4500 miles one owner from new !! 😊

Options

1. Ultimate blue met paint
2. 19 inch wheels
3. Active exhaust with push button
4. Black interior
5. Cold climate pack (heated screen plus heated seats)
6. Bright metal pedals
7. Vanity mirrors
8. Illuminated Jaguar script tread plates
9. Electric tail gate
10. Full LED head lights
Deleted User 3357

sorry pic attached ..

IMG_0211 (2).JPG

Kubota

Post by Kubota »

Hi, thanks for the details - it looks fantastic and just the sort of private purchase I’d be looking for.
Unfortunately we definitely want a convertible ( I realised how much I missed the soft top with the mustang)
I’ve no doubt you’ll sell it easily. Cheers
Deleted User 3357

That's ok Buddy

just putting it out there .. plus has full extended Jaguar warranty till May next year ..
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Good luck Big Cat hunting👍, I have the 2.0lt “ that should be avoided”
It sounds good 👌 it looks good👌, and I didn’t want to spend my pension on re~ fueling it☺️
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
Deleted User 3357

Keith666 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:50 pm Good luck Big Cat hunting👍, I have the 2.0lt “ that should be avoided”
It sounds good 👌 it looks good👌, and I didn’t want to spend my pension on re~ fueling it☺️
Hello the p300 is a great car .... I would purchase one, don't knock it !! . but I suspect you are having fun with us
but on a serious note the 2.0 is fab and may still be on my list for a new roadster if mine sells .. but I am on a win win .. if it does great .. and if not so what who cares :D
Last edited by Deleted User 3357 on Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scm

Post by scm »

You need to hear them all and decide which sounds "right" to you. If you tell us your approximate location maybe a local forum member will be willing to give your ears a treat ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post