Another Potential New Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Hi all

I've been considering a new car for a while, mainly as my daily driver (driving once a week) and started exploring some options, like many others I looked at an early V8 Vantage and R8 and am seriously considering a V6 F-Type.

It will probably be once I move house, for mortgage reasons and second hand cars are highly priced at the moment. It would be nice to have it for summer, but not really essential.

I'm after some advice on purchasing an older car, maybe with 50k on the clock, what options are good, what to look out for, what they are really like to live with etc.

Bit of background, have multiple motorbikes, a modified TVR Griffith and currently running a E86 Z4 Coupe which I intended to keep for 2 years in 2012 and I still have it. I'm in no hurry to replace it as it's fast enough, very good on fuel (40+mpg on a run), handles well enough and is comfortable. But I would like a change to something with more mod-cons, bit more modern feel etc.

I just want to balance the cost vs usage etc. and whether I'm stupid in going for an earlier coupe?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post