Trouble with Apple Car Play

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
golfdoc1

Post by golfdoc1 »

2021 . Voice commands from WAZE and Apple Navigation don't produce ANY sound when connected through Apple Car Play. Jaguar Navigation works fine. Dealer says it is a software glitch and supposed to be fixed in September. I would think there would be lots of posts about this problem if we all have the same 2021 software. Please help.

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

It is a fact.
Mine wnet wrong with last update and it took my dealer several weeks to own up ot the problem being caused by JLR.
As you I am awaiting the update. I was told August. Not optimistic if you were told September.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Not tried the navigation on WAZE at all as just use the Jaguar map, but WAZE definitely gives me voice when it spots a speed camera and vocally tells me how far to the camera unlike the Jaguar map which simply shows distance on the screen and beeps.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Same for me when using CarPlay, glad it’s getting sorted as map only is not ideal!
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Both Waze and Siri used to give step by step verbal directions until JLR screwed it up.
It was their last software update. Best guess, it was in April/May.
Still prefer both over Jaguar maps.
I have voice control with CarPlay using a dongle that provides wireless connection to I-phone.
kevc

Post by kevc »

Quick question sort of related.
Can you get the carplay maps/direction to show up in the instrument display or is it purely on the centre screen?
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

It shows on both.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

The instrument display for maps is an optional setting.
You need to toggle the left hand stalk to select the display you want
kevc

Post by kevc »

Good to know. Thanks very much.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Edinburgh75

Post by Edinburgh75 »

I’m a bit late to the party here but I have a 2020 R and it didn’t come with a sim. I just fitted one last week that the dealer sent over and i now get Apple Play dropping sometimes for a second and then reconnecting.

The only change is that the Sim is now in and used up the entire 500mb allowance in a day. I assume it performed an update and now I have this issue.

Does that sound like the same problem or a trip to the dealer?
2020 F Type Coupe 575 in Silicon Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post