New F-Type Owner!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Car looks great and what a first drive! Surprised the original owner didn’t spec the rear camera, don’t see many convertibles without it.

jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

GusA wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:24 pm Car looks great and what a first drive! Surprised the original owner didn’t spec the rear camera, don’t see many convertibles without it.
Indeed...seems an oversight given that adding the camera was probably a few hundred quid. it does miss is...fortunately it doesn't seem to be hard to add it as a retrofit :)

I downloaded the MY2017 brochure to see if there was any details about the inControl option to do remote start...and it says that Remote start is available in the standard app. But it suddenly occurred to me...my car is a manual...and presumably such a function would need to ensure it was in neutral when trying to start the engine...? So I suspect it's not on my app because it's a manual, and I might have left it in first!!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Remote start also needs a subscription that would have been included for the first 3 years only, think it’s called remote premium or something like that. You may be right about compatibility with manual cars though, maybe Jag customer services could find out for you?
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Yep, there's no remote start capabilities on manual cars. I remember reading this in the XE blurb. The F type will be the same.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

jezzaaa wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:20 pmI downloaded the MY2017 brochure to see if there was any details about the inControl option to do remote start...and it says that Remote start is available in the standard app. But it suddenly occurred to me...my car is a manual...and presumably such a function would need to ensure it was in neutral when trying to start the engine...? So I suspect it's not on my app because it's a manual, and I might have left it in first!!
Others on the US forum (they love their manuals!) have commented on the lack of remote start availability on their manual cars.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

if you go to the url of the adverts on auto trader you can see how long the cars have been advertised. The red convertible at £45995 was originally on at £38000 and didn't sell then £41000 and put up 2 weeks ago to £45995.
I was watching a black 2017 380bhp one that was advertised a couple of years ago the took 8 months to sell at £35000 . I should have bought it but i didn't want a black one.
Dealers will tell you any old bull to sell a car . Manuals were £4000 cheaper to buy when new and the road tax is the same for a 340bhp manual as it is for a v8 auto per year.
Don't get me wrong, i am still looking for a manual car but all used car prices are o.t.t at the moment.
If I don't get one i will just use my bikes on my days off and retire 3 years earlier.
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

stickshift steve wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:15 pm if you go to the url of the adverts on auto trader you can see how long the cars have been advertised. The red convertible at £45995 was originally on at £38000 and didn't sell then £41000 and put up 2 weeks ago to £45995.
I was watching a black 2017 380bhp one that was advertised a couple of years ago the took 8 months to sell at £35000 . I should have bought it but i didn't want a black one.
Dealers will tell you any old bull to sell a car . Manuals were £4000 cheaper to buy when new and the road tax is the same for a 340bhp manual as it is for a v8 auto per year.
Don't get me wrong, i am still looking for a manual car but all used car prices are o.t.t at the moment.
If I don't get one i will just use my bikes on my days off and retire 3 years earlier.
Yeah, agreed it's all OTT at the moment...but the suns out down here in France and I'm rather glad I went for it now :)
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

I have missed out on 2 purely because they were black. The thing is i am looking at keeping one for 10 years + (probably my last decent car as there is nothing else out there that i want to buy) and couldn't live with having one a colour that i don't get on with.
Good to hear you are enjoying the car. For me the manual sounds better because you can hold onto the gears longer rather than changing every 2 seconds in the auto due to too many gears.
The 2 extra gears are only there for emissions targets, not for performance.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post