New F-Type Owner!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

Hi all...nice to meet you all :) I haven't taken delivery yet, but I've put a deposit down on a 2016 V6 S Convertible, Manual. It's taken me a while to find the right one ... scouring all over the country for the odd, elusive V6S with a manual. Only for it to pop up just up the road from where I live! I'm paying a bit over the odds for it...a similar automatic would probably be £3-4k cheaper. And I did counter the salesman's claim of rarity giving it value with, 'yes but they're rare because very few people ordered them new'!! Anyway I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Cheers,
J.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Congrats! Not many manuals about at all, would be good to see pictures when you get it.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hello & welcome. Congratulations, I'm sure you can't wait to actually collect it.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

Sorry to say but manuals are cheaper than autos but if thats car is the right one for you ,i know they are few and far between.
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

As requested, some pictures. After picking it up I immediately got on the Chunnel and drove down to visit my sister in the Dordogne. Fabulous drive...and I'm so pleased with the car. It really does feel like £75,000 worth! And also really pleased with the gearbox. I watched several internet reviews of the manual, and most said it was alright but why would you. The auto is a stonkingly good drive, I admit, but I'm really pleased with the manual. It's a little long in the throw, but it's positive and direct. Very happy with it.

Two things it needs; CarPlay module (ordered) and a reverse camera for when the roof is up!

tempImagexPYG8a.gif

tempImagexwVBZH.gif

Last edited by jezzaaa on Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

stickshift steve wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:58 pm Sorry to say but manuals are cheaper than autos but if thats car is the right one for you ,i know they are few and far between.
Hi Steve...that wasn't my experience when buying...of the few manuals that were available, all were asking more than an equivalent auto...or it was base spec comparing to an auto S. Have a look at Autotrader today...there are 4 on at the moment (assuming they are actually manuals...traders are rubbish at saying autos are manuals because it has a manual mode). And you could buy similar auto cars for less. There are so many variables of course...but you can easily source an Auto...there's loads in the trade, and so much more competition for buyers. I agree manuals are for a much smaller market...but those people that want them are willing to pay extra...and end up having to because the dealers know it too. Add to that people who, like me, also wanted it to be a convertible and in S spec...fortunately I wasn't too fussy about colour, provided it wasn't white or orange ;)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search ... ars&page=1
Last edited by jezzaaa on Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

blank
Last edited by jezzaaa on Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

[blank
Last edited by jezzaaa on Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scm

Post by scm »

jezzaaa wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:31 pm... I'm really pleased with the manual. It's a little long in the throw, but it's positive and direct. .
Guys on the US forum have implemented a short throw shifter which they all rave about. I think DAE might have imported some, but I could be wrong about that. Or I'm right but they've all been sold. ;)

Here's a very long thread about it: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... al-194634/
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

scm wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:21 pm
jezzaaa wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:31 pm... I'm really pleased with the manual. It's a little long in the throw, but it's positive and direct. .
Guys on the US forum have implemented a short throw shifter which they all rave about. I think DAE might have imported some, but I could be wrong about that. Or I'm right but they've all been sold. ;)

Here's a very long thread about it: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... al-194634/
Thanks SCM...yeah I saw that. To be honest, I'm fine with it how it is. Sure, it would be better if it was like an MX5 or S2000...but I'm not that fussed about changing it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post