RWD every time - you wont regret that decision
Enjoy
MY19 F-Type Coupe R Dynamic P340 RWD Carpathian Grey
Pano roof, Performance seats
Black pack, privacy glass
Big brakes with red calipers :D :D

P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

Cheers Danger! I’ve just got back home - needed to be run-in a little bit 😁.
Weather’s looking good tomorrow so I’ll need to introduce the Big Cat to the back roads between Guildford and Chichester 👍
P450 RWD First Edition Santorini Black MY21
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

P450Phil wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:46 pm Weather’s looking good tomorrow so I’ll need to introduce the Big Cat to the back roads between Guildford and Chichester 👍
Nice roads for a Big Cat to go out on the prowl.😁

A week ago there was a couple of short sections on the B2141 between Petersfield and Chichester that had loose chippings put down. The white lines were being painted, so they'd been down for a while and not throwing up much when I took it slowish. That and the A285 Chichester to Petworth are my favourites.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

Mick - 1st full day with the car, 1st destination Petworth for exactly that reason! Was lucky with a clear run for a few miles as well so I had chance to test out full Dynamic in a spirited, but of course gentlemanly manner.
That was early this afternoon and I'm still smiling about it. What an incredible machine. I have a few South Downs "loops" but they all involve that stretch - I reckon it's the best in the South. Today I came back via Goodwood and the A286 as I knew I'd get some good background shots from the layby on the edge of the racecourse. So here are the requested pics!

IMG_1764_LI.jpg

IMG_1763_LI.jpg

IMG_1762_LI.jpg

IMG_1761_LI.jpg

gx337

Post by gx337 »

That looks stunning, make the most of it this summer, dynamic mode of course !.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Fabulous shots of you’re lovely new cat, that road through goodwood is great and I’ve had a picnic in that very spot. The roads at the back of the downs are excellent for giving the F type a good run. Enjoy👍
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

Cheers! You can read all the reviews, watch all the videos, drive a friend's etc etc - but until you've taken it out on a road like that and driven it properly... just wow. Unbelievable grip and balance. No sense of any understeer at all, I tried to make it oversteer a bit just to try and learn its limits, but the e-diff just snaps it back into shape in a split second. I'm no Lewis Hamilton but it's like it was designed and built in Britain, for British roads, and I'm going to have many years of fun with it.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Sound like you had a lot of fun today. My favourite photo is the third one, of the rear end, more F type less scenery :lol: I've never seen the Trundle car park that empty, probably no ice cream van there today.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

Cheers, probably another 12 cars there early afternoon, I was just trying to keep it simple, I'm no David Bailey either :-)
P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

mickjaguar wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:03 am
P450Phil wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:46 pm Weather’s looking good tomorrow so I’ll need to introduce the Big Cat to the back roads between Guildford and Chichester 👍
Nice roads for a Big Cat to go out on the prowl.😁

A week ago there was a couple of short sections on the B2141 between Petersfield and Chichester that had loose chippings put down. The white lines were being painted, so they'd been down for a while and not throwing up much when I took it slowish. That and the A285 Chichester to Petworth are my favourites.
I used to work on the roads many years ago - if it was a "loose chippings" road sign then usually that means it's in the middle of resurfacing, always try to avoid these, they are a nightmare for tyres and big chunks potentially being thrown into your wheel arches / chassis. However when the work is finished, give it 2-3 days to oxidise properly and another few days for traffic to clear any loose stones, and you've got your perfect surface - no water or salt degradation from winter gritting...

The white lines can often be temporary ones on the base course. One way to easily tell is when the cat's eyes are in - they go back in last on the finished surface.

The other scenario is after it's all finished they put they high grip topping on, usually only approaching a traffic light junction on a high speed road, or sometimes on downhill or very short exit slips. It's the yellow stuff which wears off quite quickly.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post