New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

@299Peter wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:21 pm Only had it 6 weeks and already thinking of upgrading next year to the V8 - worth the effort and money?
The V8 can be a bit of a hooligan of a car, but it is tame is driven gently - very schizophrenic! As to whether it's worth it - only you can decide, test drive as many as you can and make your choice!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

Beautiful car, I very nearly bought one in the same trim and colour a few years ago. Held off for the mk2 and glad I did - although I probably would have gone for a V6 if they still did them in Europe. The best engine for you depends on how you want to use the car. The mk1 V8 was a bit too much for me as I need an all rounder which can do GT and short runs round town just as happily as the spirited B road days out. The mk2 V8 P450 RWD is perfect for me, purrs below 2000 RPM on long motorway runs, it's very civilised round town, but take it out for a proper drive and it has a whole different personality.

@299Peter wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:21 pm SCM

Ha ha !

I will......

Only had it 6 weeks and already thinking of upgrading next year to the V8 - worth the effort and money?

Peter
P450 RWD First Edition Santorini Black MY21
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@299Peter wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:29 pm SCM and RPSN

Many thanks - too many other cars on the road to really ‘enjoy’ things this morning!!! One of the downsides of living in the South East....

Peter

Time to consider relocating to get max enjoyment from the 'F' :D
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

P450Phil wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:31 pm Beautiful car, I very nearly bought one in the same trim and colour a few years ago. Held off for the mk2 and glad I did - although I probably would have gone for a V6 if they still did them in Europe. The best engine for you depends on how you want to use the car. The mk1 V8 was a bit too much for me as I need an all rounder which can do GT and short runs round town just as happily as the spirited B road days out. The mk2 V8 P450 RWD is perfect for me, purrs below 2000 RPM on long motorway runs, it's very civilised round town, but take it out for a proper drive and it has a whole different personality.

Phil,

Thanks for the feedback and your experiences. Got 12 months to mull it all over and make a decision, in the meantime I’m going to enjoy what I’ve got!

P

@299Peter wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:21 pm SCM

Ha ha !

I will......

Only had it 6 weeks and already thinking of upgrading next year to the V8 - worth the effort and money?

Peter
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post