Hello from Wisconsin, USA

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
JaguarBadger

Post by JaguarBadger »

Hello,

I'm far from a car expert, but nearing retirement I decided it was time to drive something besides the frugal, sensible cars I've had most of my life. I tested a Porsche and while it was impressive it wasn't quite the heart-fluttering ride I had in mind. A Tesla was closer but I was mildly disappointed in the lack of traditional car noise and the spare, futuristic interior. Then a friend lent me his 2014 F-Type V8S and let me know it might be for sale, as he is in the market for a "faster vehicle" (an airplane). It was an instant, emphatic yes. While obviously modern it puts me in mind of the sports cars of my youth somehow, in the '60s and '70s. I'm looking forward to reading the forums and learning from all of you.

all best,

Robert
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Jaguar.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to our club, Robert! Enjoy your stay! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You made the right decision Robert 😎
Welcome, and enjoy the smiles to the (US) gallon 🙂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

Welcome Robert!

You've made a great choice, it is indeed a modern car but with classic British design, with genes from the 60s E-Type. Sounds like you'll have time to enjoy it on the long open stretches in Wisconsin and around the Great Lakes - I'd be finding excuses to drive 300 miles to taste a new cheese!

I guess one day we will all have to be in electric cars with massive tablet screens, and computers in control of everything, but thankfully not just yet. Plenty of time to enjoy that V8!
P450 RWD First Edition Santorini Black MY21
kookaburra1457

Post by kookaburra1457 »

Welcome to the Forum Robert :D

Great choice, your F-Type will be a class act for the US highways. Talking about airplanes, my son and I had the pleasure of a visit to Oshkosh Airventure a few years back. I recall Wisconsin had some good roads once you get off the main routes, we were in a rented Mustang V6 at that time but we did have a chat with a Jaguar E-Type owner at a service area who had the bonnet (hood) raised to try and cool down his 5.3litre V12 in the summer heat... hopefully not an issue with the modern F-Type! Look out for other F-Types and see if you get a wave of recognition or a flash of the headlights, we do it in the UK and gets lots of :) :) :)

Let us know how your ownership goes, and if the Jaguar workshops over in the USA are any better than ours...

All the Best
Paul 8-) 8-)
2014 Dark Sapphire V6S Coupe with ivory/grey extended leather, sports seats, panoramic roof, 20 inch prop alloys, Meridian surround sound and lighted kick-plates 8-) 8-)