New to the marque

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Barty

Post by Barty »

Bought this fairly recently (just before used prices rocketed!) and thought I’d say hello. It’s a P300 in ultra/Athena blue according to the spec sheet and will be my daily driver. I’ve owned a good few cars though this is my first 2 seater, big change from my most recent 330d M Sport Xdrive.

Being an OE reg it had a previous life as one of the Paragon cars and I’m the 2nd private owner. Whoever had it built certainly went through the options list as it’s fully loaded with toys (park assist, memory seats, surround, heated everything etc) and is in stunning nick. I looked around for a few weeks on Autotrader, narrowed down to the colour and wheels I wanted and touch wood struck lucky with this one.

I’m enjoying being shown some courtesy and respect from other road users for a change - 8 years of driving Munich’s finest makes you an object of derision on the roads - and appreciate the help and advice and genuine love for the marque that F-type owners have. I shared something similar with my fellow Brera owners from 2008-2010. We didn’t need to flash each other, you always knew you’d be meeting at Mangoletsi for a coffee within the month waiting for the next faulty part to be fixed :D

So, this is mine. Booked in for ceramic coating next month though it looks pretty sharp as is with new plates. Happy to only have the one exhaust for now, may jump up to four when I retire in a few years if I enjoy it enough to displace the 911 from the top of my ideal drive list. I’m enjoying reading through this forum, there are some very knowledgeable and keen owners here. Keep up the great work !

97F0E030-7367-4919-82BA-5F4B9B8E06E3.jpeg

29DBC820-6132-4236-9DF2-D83FCCFCA761.jpeg

P300 R-Dynamic MY2019 Ultra blue

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! Lovely colour.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Fatboymark

Post by Fatboymark »

Looks lovely, enjoy
2017 V8R Convertible, Polaris White, lots of goodies
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

Barty

Welcome. Stunning looking car!

Happy driving - Peter
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Enjoy, it's a bright colour, it was on my list, but wasn't happy with the Ultra Blue car I looked at before mine, the P300 is a great option for a daily driver.

Be interested how much you notice the turbo and wastegate!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Lovely looking car. I'm very impressed with your front garden though better than we usually see 🤣, the car fits in perfectly.

Have you tried the park assist? I've not got around to being that brave yet!
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Stunning, I love that colour.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome, great colour, although I would say that! 😂
Barty

Post by Barty »

Thanks folks. Yes the garden does look well since I sorted out the drainage in the lower field :)
I haven’t really had a chance for a decent drive as yet, it’s a poor excuse but I’m prohibited while I wait for an op in a few weeks. Not sure if I’ll ever want to park it near enough to other motors to try the assist feature!
They are undoubtedly a beautiful looking machine in all colours even when parked up, though the pea green one I saw on Facebook earlier was pushing the envelope a little.
P300 R-Dynamic MY2019 Ultra blue
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 pm
Have you tried the park assist? I've not got around to being that brave yet!
Had park assist on my XE, didn't use it for a long time then tried it and it worked great. Next time out with the kids I said I will show them how it works, it nearly reversed me into a carspot with a car already in it, wasn't a small one either but a 4WD. Never used it again and didn't really care about getting it on the F-Type.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.