Newbie checking in

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers »

Hello,

As a prospective owner, this will be my first Jaguar of any kind, perhaps a real baptism of fire, but am looking for genuine advice.

I have owned TVR's, various M cars, a Morgan Aero 8, lots or Westfields and a few MX5's (brilliant cars by the way) and even an older Ferrari, so I am not scared of RWD and a car moving about under me. That said I am older now and frankly want a bit more civility hence ruling out the R8 and looking at F types. The wife is also smitten which was an unexpected bonus, so we are off next weekend to drive both a Coupe and cab, a V6s and a V8.

I think I want a V8 cab, and being honest can only really afford an earlier car, but we shall see after the test drives.

Cheers,

Mark

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome and good luck in your search, loads of good info on this forum.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome and enjoy the search. I'm sure you'll love the F-Type, whichever one you get. Like you, my wife is also smitten despite being uninterested in cars!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Mark,

Welcome to group.

You’ll find lots of F-Types are garaged, weekend-warriors. Hence plenty of very low mileage & very well looked after examples out there. You do get a few offered privately. Do not rule out this route but obviously do your homework.

Coupe or Vert? Coupe considered the more aesthetically pleasing (voted by coupe owners 😄) & there have been issues with complicated folding/electric roof, including leaks. Not my cup of tea but individual choice.

Lots of knowledgeable owners on here. Good Luck 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

DaddyDarren wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:39 pm Coupe or Vert? Coupe considered the more aesthetically pleasing
The coupe looks great all the time, the convertible only when the roof is down! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post