Looking for a V8 awd

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

stevejag wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:27 pmI did expect it to be slightly louder on the open flaps exhaust setting , in fact it seemed quite civilized . he booted the v8 down a long empty straight to show the acceleration , impressive .
What model year was the car? The noise levels can depend on the year.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I have previously posted this:

As far as "noise" goes, from reviewing Jaguar data, it differs per engine and country but the UK cut over for v8's seems to be car number 59206 and older would be the old EU6 (we'll call that the noisy version then) and car 59207 and later would be the quieter EU6d model with Gasoline particulate filters (GPF). There will be exceptions depending on the order the cars came off the line. The car number being the last 5 digits of the VIN.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The later cars are quieter due to the GPF, changing somewhere around mid 2018 registered onwards, but depending on when manufactured.

In normal mode the exhaust on these is closed even with the button pressed until 1500 revs. Dynamic mode opens the exhaust fully but it is still muted at lower revs, compared to the older cars. It seems it needs a good dollop of exhaust pressure to overcome the GPF restriction. Give the pedal a good hoof and it is properly noisy in dynamic. It's a bit Jekyll and Hyde civilised or naughty.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

mickjaguar wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:24 pmIt's a bit Jekyll and Hyde civilised or naughty.
Tame pussy cat or snarling big cat! :lol:
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

It was a 2019 , that explains it , I'm looking for a 2017 so should be ok !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

There are a couple of red v8 awd's at Inchcape Preston with fixed spoilers , the mileage on the cheaper one is a slight issue , question is will they budge on price and will they move the car to Inchcape Norwich if I want it at no cost , they should if I want it !
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Looking like will be the owner of a red v8awd very soon , get to check it over next week , in shock at the thought !
scm

Post by scm »

Great news! Hope the purchase goes well. :)
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

stevejag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:33 pm Looking like will be the owner of a red v8awd very soon , get to check it over next week , in shock at the thought !
😁. Great, bet you're excited!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

NavigatorNI wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:54 pm
stevejag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:33 pm Looking like will be the owner of a red v8awd very soon , get to check it over next week , in shock at the thought !
😁. Great, bet you're excited!
Excited is definitely the word , won't believe its actually happening until I go to Inchcape likely next week , must not get too excited ! The car looks totally bonkers with its red colour and fixed spolier , and four pipes out the back !