Newbie logging in for the first time

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Hi everyone my names Russ, I live on the South Coast and today I bought my first Jaguar!👍
Don’t pick it up for a week as it is being moved to a local Jaguar dealership
It is a 2017 F Type 400 Sport AWD all the normal toys including htd&cooled, performance seats.
Mileage is 10000 miles one owner car with a full JSH.
A couple of questions:
I test drove a 2015 V6S believing this is similar despite the ‘20hp’ difference. Loved the car but I was expecting pops and crackles and got none of those. I’ve read dealerships and downloading a map which removes noise. Could this be the case?
It comes fully serviced (last month) by the Dealership (Harwoods). Understand the ‘big’ service involves spark plugs. Would this be due at 10000 miles?
Anything I should be aware of to check on the actual drive of my car next week? Deal agreed subject to this drive. Any typical issues that I should be aware of?
On the demonstrator the start button was orange but very badly worn (11000 mile demo car), is this normal as I would want this changed.
I want to fit a dash cam front and rear(nextbase 522GW) any suggestions (ideally fuse number) for a permanent feed?
Look forward to hearing your responses
Russ

9EFB7DAF-12C2-4E6F-BE27-358F5E687575.jpeg

DCEC5E9A-C9AF-4DD0-93CE-75627344BC74.jpeg

9F4B37FA-9394-4E29-AC65-B68A0E154675.jpeg

MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome. A lot of questions!

You test drove an MY16 V6S but you've chose a 400 sport which will be MY18 or MY18.5 spec. Good choice!

To get pops and crackles you need to be in dynamic or sports exhaust on and a healthy dose of right foot. I guess the loudness depends on what you are coming from. There is a long and ongoing "campaign" to quieten the cars, if you give me the reg of the 400 sport I'll see whether it's been applied or not if you want. I have had my 400 sport for 4+ yrs now and just refuse the update at each service. Its an optional campaign not a recall or requirement to have it.

The 400 sport doesn't have an orange starter button. Mine after 4+ yrs and 33,000 is as good as new so wouldn't expect that to be an issue.

Push and click and try everything twice. Make sure tyres are inflated to correct 37psi around before test drive especially if on the pirelli oem tyres and if it is cold. Exhaust active exhaust operating etc. Try everything.

If you search then there are lots of info on dashcams. I gave up with a rear facing one because the rear window is so slanted it just didn't record very well. Front is easy fit however I didn't bother with the fuse perm fix and just went for the cigarette lighter socket in the cubbi storage.

Enjoy the test drive.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Hi Russ from one newbie to another , nice car . I own a v6s 380bhp had a tune done on the car ok only gives me 20bhp extra , but done so as to eliminate the slight throttle response i found the car had , now gone and more responsive . i bought a red starter button from aliexpress shipped from china simple to install it fixes over the original button with 3m tape on back
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:37 pm Make sure tyres are inflated to correct 37psi around before test drive especially if on the pirelli oem tyres and if it is cold.
You can easily check the pressures through the menu system - select Vehicle Information (not Settings) and find Tyre Pressures - simple!

And welcome to the club! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

You won't need plugs changed, with only 10,000 miles they are good for a few years yet
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Thanks to everyone for your responses.
@simpleR Car reg is GY67WVA, any info you can find greatly received👍
Russ
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The VIN is SAJDA1AVXJCK47431 and was made March 2017 ish (a month before mine was) but was not registered as a new car until Dec 2017. Its is an MY18 spec. (The 400 sport MY18.5 added lane departure warning as standard).

You can see the service history at https://osh.jaguar.com which is full and complete but does not list rear diff oil on 4th service though but I would highly recommend that you get the rear diff oil changed. See my topic link below.

The car has none standard wheel centre caps, they should be red jaguar leapers and the rear pads look new but other than that.

The car has had both campaigns applied for reducing noise. The first makes the car forget dynamic mode at every ignition cycle and the second reduces the amount the exhaust valves open at lower revs.

Clear MOT
Clear on Police National Computer
Has been off the road since 17th July, might be worth asking why.

I only have limited access to things at present as I am off work with covid but hope that helps.

EDIT

Here is mine which is the same car for reference.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2034&start=30

And the rear diff oil after 4yrs for reference. 100% needs doing more often than service might suggest.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5575#p56668
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Hi russ , reading my service history mine were changed around same millage by dealer of first owner then again around 36000 miles seems to be a 3year thing , speaking to my mate and a tech from jaguar . it is regarding the vents letting in moisture or rain water on the older shape f type this is why when you look at the service schedule they are changed every 3 year , just in case they seize up , on the new shape they moved the vents down the hood/bonnet to compensate for this , my mate george is a wizard and has sorted a shield to advert this proplem , and point of note the Diff oil is very easy to do just as easy as a Diy oil change on these cars , george done mine in 20mins , jaguar dealers only want £70 bucks if you aint handy . same with supercharged oil change on the v6 EASY
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:43 pm... on the new shape they moved the vents down the hood/bonnet to compensate for this ...
They moved the vents for the AWD version - is this what you mean by "new shape".
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Thanks guys for the answers.
It’s been off the road as it was in a Jaguar dealership and hadn’t been sold.
Point noted re plugs and diff oil, ringing them tomorrow snd will ask for this to be done.
Re the noise reduction ‘campaigns’, can these be put back to original? If not by Jaguar an indie?
Russ

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post