Hi All

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Been thinking and looking into getting an F Type for a while. Since I started looking the prices have risen and now appear to be falling (slightly)

Probably going to be the V6 - fancied a convertible but keep being drawn back to the coupe.

Slightly worried about the “issues” JLR seem to have so will be looking at approved with a year warranty.

Out of interest how much is it roughly to add another year.

Finally, seen a couple without heated seats - one dealer is saying they can retrofit , is this something that anyone has had done ?

Thanks all

Phil

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Warranty is typically around £900 per annum, or about £80 less if you deduct Jaguar Assistance breakdown & recovery. Payable in monthly installments at no additional cost if required.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.
If buying from Jaguar used approved then you can ask for a 2yr warranty to be included for free.
Good luck with the search.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Thanks guys - might as well ask I suppose
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Was in the same position as you till last saturday when I finally purchased one. I noticed that some f types are being reduced in price yesterday , having a look at the red v8 at Preston Inchcape , same spec as mine and same place , its been deduced by around £1k which is interesting , so they are coming down !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

Hi and welcome. There are still a lot out there and the prices are all "negotiable" as we all look to divert our budget to trees and turkeys.
FWIW I am considering selling mine v soon as I have a new toy incoming. I'm not a Jaguar dealer but the price will reflect that! Plus it has a transferrrable warranty until Nov 22. Depends on your budget . I'll pm you the spec but it has heated seats.
Between toys :cry:
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Welcome , we bought ours in july this year (cash buyers , not renters ;) ) just as prices were on the up , a 14 reg BRG convertible with just under 70,000 on clock paid £28,500 . ours was purchased from a jaguar dealer FSH etc , wife picked it . it had 3 fails on the MOT and 1 advisory all for suspension items , and the roof would not go down or up , new motor and harness fitted , All were replaced and a clean MOT given , it also had new tyres (budget) and new discs and pads also a new battery fitted , i sure by previous owner , we are the third . i have replaced the diff oil and supercharged oil by DIY easy to do , and the car just had 2 rear parking sensors replaced under warranty this week , it is a weekend toy for us so millage was not an issue , only will do 3,000 a year for sumertime use and about to go into hibernation till late spring , yes the approved warranty is a must , so is a convertible it is the best looking f type of all :mrgreen:
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Captain Midlife wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 pm Hi and welcome. There are still a lot out there and the prices are all "negotiable" as we all look to divert our budget to trees and turkeys.
FWIW I am considering selling mine v soon as I have a new toy incoming. I'm not a Jaguar dealer but the price will reflect that! Plus it has a transferrrable warranty until Nov 22. Depends on your budget . I'll pm you the spec but it has heated seats.

Hi Captain Midlife ( great name btw)
Thanks but think I’m going to stick with a rag top - been getting one for the last few years but deviated at the last minute.
Good luck with the sale though .

Phil
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Well after dipping my toes in I’ve finally taken the plunge - not the best photo but what a car - feel like Jimmy Bond (well almost 😂)

59F78AFD-D127-419F-9AE4-451BF950CD72.jpeg

@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

Phil

Nice car. Enjoy

P
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!