Should I buy an F-Type?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:27 pmJaaag - Not so accurate, but their downfall is made up with character, something that the Germans lack.
Becoming more common the more people that buy them.. So no, stick with yer Porker! 😉
But with the weight of the F-Type, it too is a bit of a porker! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

I did exactly this, although I came from a 997 S which of course is much older/less capable than the one you're moving from.

I loved the Porsche, and I miss the dinky rear seats which, despite what I was told, were very useful for things and the kids. I do miss the boot space in the 911...my F-Type is the V6S roadster, and the boot, even without a spare wheel, is pitiful. However, the coupe f-type does go some way to fixing that.

But...the F-Type is a proper unhinged mentalist, just as Clarkson said in his famous review. It makes lots of noise, and gets lots of looks and smiles. And I rarely see another one, where as I used to see quite a few 911s in comparison. I would say it's similar performance wise...my 997 was a 3.8S Gen 1...so only 355hp against 380 in the Jag...the Porsche is a lot lighter however, so I don't think there was much in it. But I just love the Jag. It's a proper event to walk up to, start up, chuck about. Another thing...my wife was completely indifferent to the 911. But she absolutely loves the Jag. Which is good and bad...

I've not driven the new shape V8s ... or the old shape V8s for that matter. I have enough trouble with holding on to my license as it is, so I don't feel the need for more power.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you've had your test drive.
Fatboymark

Post by Fatboymark »

I have a 997 gen 2 4S and a V8R convertible, and I really like them both. Quite different cars as others have mentioned, and to be perfectly honest if I had to choose between the two, it would be the Porsche for me everyday I’m afraid. Don’t get me wrong, I love the jag, the noise, the roof down experience, the looks, but for me (and this is only my opinion) the Porsche is better to drive, is better put together and down a twisty B road is quicker. You sould follow the advice given by others and take one for a test drive and see how it makes you feel, as these are not small decisions in the current market madness!
2017 V8R Convertible, Polaris White, lots of goodies
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Fatboymark wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 pm I have a 997 gen 2 4S and a V8R convertible, and I really like them both. Quite different cars as others have mentioned, and to be perfectly honest if I had to choose between the two, it would be the Porsche for me everyday I’m afraid. Don’t get me wrong, I love the jag, the noise, the roof down experience, the looks, but for me (and this is only my opinion) the Porsche is better to drive, is better put together and down a twisty B road is quicker. You sould follow the advice given by others and take one for a test drive and see how it makes you feel, as these are not small decisions in the current market madness!

Nice combination , F type for madness and fun and exhaust sound and 911 for all weather driving ie when its damp and slippery !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Fatboymark

Post by Fatboymark »

stevejag wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:34 am
Fatboymark wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 pm I have a 997 gen 2 4S and a V8R convertible, and I really like them both. Quite different cars as others have mentioned, and to be perfectly honest if I had to choose between the two, it would be the Porsche for me everyday I’m afraid. Don’t get me wrong, I love the jag, the noise, the roof down experience, the looks, but for me (and this is only my opinion) the Porsche is better to drive, is better put together and down a twisty B road is quicker. You sould follow the advice given by others and take one for a test drive and see how it makes you feel, as these are not small decisions in the current market madness!

Nice combination , F type for madness and fun and exhaust sound and 911 for all weather driving ie when its damp and slippery !
Thanks, both are AWD, the Porsche system just seems to suit it better, does mean plenty of smiles in the Jag tho😳
2017 V8R Convertible, Polaris White, lots of goodies

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post