Hello from Essex

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MrADeveci

Post by MrADeveci »

Morning everyone, or afternoon - depending on when you read this ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm Ahmet and I live in not so sunny Essex!

New F-Type owner here having just collected her on the weekend from Chichester. The drive back was amazing, although it rained for most of it so that wasn't great.

She's a 2015MY R with AWD and came with a lot of extras which was really appealing for me. I also LOVE the colour and have had two Yamaha R1's in the same colour. I have a soft spot for Red!

A few things on the list that I'd like to do to her are below, and I would really appreciate if anyone can point me towards any recommendations or tips on the following. I have been searching the forums and Google, but always appreciate owner feedback too.

1) Infotainment - I'm looking at adding Carplay functionality to this and have seen the module from UAD which looks promising.
2) Bonnet vents - I'd like to swap these from color coded to black.
3) Skirts and Rear Diffuser - I'm thinking of swapping these over to Black, to give a nicer contrast.... but I'm not entirely sure about that yet.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated on the way and I look forward to meeting some of you all in the future.

IMG_4491.jpeg

2015MY R AWD in Italian Racing Red
20" Storm Alloys | CCB | Carbon Roof | Leather Headlining | Meridian 770W | Flat-Bottom Wheel

stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Sounds less exciting but check diff oil has been replaced recently , if not get it done asap , and check condition of chassis braces under your F as they have a nasty rusting habit , get your local garage to put her on a lift to inspect braces and have a coating of anti rust treatment and get diff checked at same time , not difficult for a garage and not expensive . Nice colour F and plenty of power up front , look after the car you love !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hello and welcome,
Great looking car but a shame you had to tiptoe in awful weather on your first drive, roll on spring.
Changing bonnet vents is very easy, pop out and pop in.
I have black skirts and diffuser on my white R, prefer the black skirts at the sides as in makes the car appear to have a waist in the middle, tempted by a white diffuser but very happy with black, jury still out on that one.
Enjoy, once the weather permits.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
MrADeveci

Post by MrADeveci »

stevejag wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:15 am Sounds less exciting but check diff oil has been replaced recently , if not get it done asap , and check condition of chassis braces under your F as they have a nasty rusting habit , get your local garage to put her on a lift to inspect braces and have a coating of anti rust treatment and get diff checked at same time , not difficult for a garage and not expensive . Nice colour F and plenty of power up front , look after the car you love !
Thanks for the heads up Steve.

Service says it was done in 2019 on 15K and it is currently on 22K ..... is that about right?
20" Storm Alloys | CCB | Carbon Roof | Leather Headlining | Meridian 770W | Flat-Bottom Wheel
MrADeveci

Post by MrADeveci »

scharlton wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:24 am Hello and welcome,
Great looking car but a shame you had to tiptoe in awful weather on your first drive, roll on spring.
Changing bonnet vents is very easy, pop out and pop in.
I have black skirts and diffuser on my white R, prefer the black skirts at the sides as in makes the car appear to have a waist in the middle, tempted by a white diffuser but very happy with black, jury still out on that one.
Enjoy, once the weather permits.
Thank you, I'm looking forward to the nicer weather!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Welcome bud, nice looking car . Love the calipers I done mine yellow to :D
scm

Post by scm »

MrADeveci wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:46 pm Service says it was done in 2019 on 15K and it is currently on 22K ..... is that about right?
Service intervals are 16000 miles or annually, whichever occurs first, so it's a bit overdue on time, but not mileage.

And welcome to the club! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SESH

Post by SESH »

scm wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:40 pm
MrADeveci wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:46 pm Service says it was done in 2019 on 15K and it is currently on 22K ..... is that about right?
Service intervals are 16000 miles or annually, whichever occurs first, so it's a bit overdue on time, but not mileage.

Think OP was was referring to the Diff oil change.

Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
MrADeveci

Post by MrADeveci »

SESH wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:50 pm
scm wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:40 pm

Think OP was was referring to the Diff oil change.

Mike
Thank you, yes - I was referring to the Diff Oil.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I'd be getting ALL fluids changed personnally, had my 14 plate rwd R done this year,
Gearbox, coolant, diff, supercharger, brake (2nd time) and iv'e only done 26k but mines a keeper.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies