Longing for another F-Type so here I am

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
JoeyBrod

Post by JoeyBrod »

Hi all!

I’m playing with the idea of getting into an F-Type again.

Ideally a V6 S with the switchable exhaust.

I used to run one for a bit in 2016 and to this day I still miss it.
Might even be on here? OE65 OEC, Italian racing red 380S.
It hardly does any miles (54 miles covered between MOTs) so it’s probably a garage queen now :cry:

I don’t really know what I should be budgeting for :roll:

I’ve always loved the 1st gen coupes but there are some pretty good deals on the newest shape 2.0 models orrrrr go for the full V8 experience

Hoping to get some advice and inspiration from the club and hopefully become a full member attending meets in my own one if I pull the trigger.

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

welcome joey , yes they are lovely cars . we have the v6s in BRG a vert , love the top down . i am sure others will point you in the right direction , :D
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

JoeyBrod wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:54 pm
Might even be on here? OE65 OEC, Italian racing red 380S.
It hardly does any miles (54 miles covered between MOTs) so it’s probably a garage queen now :cry:
Car 32927 was last seen on 20th Dec 2021, approaching 5,900 miles, in South Yorkshire area.
So still being enjoyed.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

JoeyBrod wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:54 pm... hopefully become a full member attending meets in my own one if I pull the trigger.
If? You mean when! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Welcome!

Since you say ideally a V6S you are IMHO already aiming for the sweet spot. ;) The three different engine options make up for quite different experiences all with their strengths and weaknesses. That said you should really try to test drive them to compare. Especially the 2.0 is quite a different animal compared to the V6 and V8 so make sure to try one before seriously considering that version.

By the way, no nitpicking intended, but there is actually only one generation of the F-Type, just with two different facelifts. We're all still on the one and only F-Type generation. :)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post