Seen a nice car, but……..

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:46 am
Tom Sawyer wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 pm MX15USN
This is car 22463.

Missing a PDI record, currently SORN with no MOT and leaking rear diff reported and missed last service.

It appears across the country at multiple Jaguar retailers which would suggest 5+ owners. (Stockport, Motherwell, Wolverhampton, Edinburgh, Borders, etc).

Was not a fleet car, not on Police National Computer and no record anywhere of an engine change.
Now that's interesting info that unfortunately stinks. A new engine, cats and some O2 sensors are not reasons to walk away from a seemingly fine F-Type but such a questionable history is. Doesn't sound like it's been in the hands of any serious people and god knows what kind of life it's lived.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Service history is paramount when buying these cars , and the Op has chance to buy others , I wouldn't walk from this one . I would RUN
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:45 pm Service history is paramount when buying these cars , and the Op has chance to buy others , I wouldn't walk from this one . I would RUN
Exactly !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it’s really appreciated.

It’s a shame the dealer that replaced the engine didn’t get back to me as I could have maybe enlightened the group, but they haven’t, so that’s that!

The search continues.
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Deleted User 3572

Plenty good cars out there tom and you have a good budget , good luck
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Happy to help where I can.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3805&start=30
Good luck with the search.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

A very interesting twist on what at first could have been a clever buy at the right price.
Definitely one to avoid.
That's invaluable information simpleR - nice one, and exactly what the forum stands for.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Not that it really changes anything, but I got a bit more info today about this car

5 owners, not the 2 as I thought I’d been told, also got a copy of the report of the original engine problems although this doesn’t tell me anything new apart from all the issues were on the bank 2 cams with VVT fluctuating between -6 and 48 degs

Because the owner contributed to the engine replacement it comes with a 2 year warranty (April 2023) and I did speak to my local dealer Hatfields Sheffield and they confirmed that they would/could deal with any subsequent issues
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Deleted User 3572

:o Dear god is there a doctor in the house
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Some of the v8's seem to have dropped in price but then it could be they have uncertain histories ?
Last edited by stevejag on Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post