Seen a nice car, but……..

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

AJ13 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 am near as damit same spec sheet as mine.

Mine has additional to above:
Illuminated brnd nme scrpt tp - no idea what this is?
Rev traffic detection CTA/LCMA - no idea what this is?
Tyre press monitoring.
Illuminated brnd nme scrpt tp - illuminated treadplates?

Rev traffic detection CTA/LCMA - sounds like the reverse traffic detection system that warns you if you're reversing and something is approaching from the side behind the car.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Illuminated brnd nme scrpt tp - illuminated treadplates?

Rev traffic detection CTA/LCMA - sounds like the reverse traffic detection system that warns you if you're reversing and something is approaching from the side behind the car.
[/quote]

Cheers Tom, I guess thats the flashing orange car symbols in wing mirrors, pops up on motorways when cars overtake. Handy with vert as the rear viz is shocking...
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

AJ13 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:21 pm Rev traffic detection CTA/LCMA - sounds like the reverse traffic detection system that warns you if you're reversing and something is approaching from the side behind the car.
Cheers Tom, I guess thats the flashing orange car symbols in wing mirrors, pops up on motorways when cars overtake. Handy with vert as the rear viz is shocking...
[/quote]

Could be, although I thought that was included in the blind spot monitoring system. I thought of that feature (if you have it) that warns you with extra beeps and something displayed on the camera screen if someone's approaching from the side when you're reversing.

A bit OT but speaking of options, I think the only option in my car that I still never used is the parallel parking assist. Did anyone try it and think it was any helpful?
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
kevc

Post by kevc »

LCMA is lane change management assist so that's the wing mirror detectors for people in your blind spot (I think).
CTA is I think Cross Traffic Assist which is the reversing camera detector that flashes and sounds when someone is about to cross the back while you're reversing.

I've got both and they're both extremely handy I have to say.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I've had the same blind spot monitoring system for nearly 9 years (both in the F-Type and previous Jags) and never thought it adds much value but what's new in the F-Type is that it has the additional flashing warning if someone is approaching into the blind spot which is nice.

The CTA is yet to really save my bacon but I think it's really good given the very limited rear visibility.
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Hadn’t realised heated seats were an option, odd that they are on a car costing North of £80k new. Can’t wait for the better weather and get it out of the garage to have a proper look round it in bright sunshine, going to fit the spare alloys I bought, see what they look like - gloss black Tornado, think they might give the car a slightly more aggressive look?
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I to have had a higher spec liked blind , heated and cooled seats front and back ilumanated tread plates ilumanated boot plate you name it , when it comes to selling most dealers will give you the webuyanycar price or if your lucky and they are desperate to get shot of the car you want to buy they might knock a couple of hundred of the price if your lucky , their attitude is if you don't buy it some one else will
Bluebottle

Post by Bluebottle »

I thought CTA was "Closing Traffic Alert" - on mine the blind spot indicators flash rapidly if someone is coming up fast in the lane behind you... Obviously the only time this activates in an F-Type is if your lane is stationary ;)
MY16 V8 R AWD Coupe - Black Berry
kevc

Post by kevc »

The mirror light flashes if there is something in the blind spot and you have that indicator on. So it's a bit more of a noticeable 'urgent' sign that you're indicating to move but something is there.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

The blind spot mirror lamps definitely also flash without an indicator on, if someone is approaching in a lane next to you.

If you turn on the indicator while there's something in your blind spot the "blind spot assist" feature is apparently activated. I've never experienced it myself but it's supposed to flash the light as you kev describe and apparently also tries to steer you back into your lane just like the strictest level of lane keep assist. All of course provided that you have a newer car with lane keep assist.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post