Finally ready to pull the trigger

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Found one , a 13 reg BRG convert with dove sport seats in Bristol , on Autotrader £34k only 19000 miles https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... posit=true

scm

Post by scm »

SquareFeet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm It wasn't me! I'm gutted - was waiting for a call back from them and in the interim they've sold it. I hope its new owner is happy with it, but yeah... gutted.
Take heart! I test drove a nice blue V8R AWD back in the day and while I was prevaricating over whether to buy it someone else test drove it and put a deposit on it. But then a few weeks later another one came up which was much better (the blue one had 10,000 miles in a year, whereas the white one I ended up buying (also a year old) had just 1300 and was hardly used at all - ex-JLR manager's car who, I guess, lived very close to the office!

So, if you get beaten to a car, there's always a better one waiting for you!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

this is very nice and has full online service history , Also is a private sale so room for negotiation , last service was a month ago https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... posit=true
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:03 pm
SquareFeet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm It wasn't me! I'm gutted - was waiting for a call back from them and in the interim they've sold it. I hope its new owner is happy with it, but yeah... gutted.
Exactly this! I bought my F-Type pretty much straight off because it was exactly what I wanted and is such an utter unicorn, but I had similar stories with both my previous Jags... missed cars I really wanted just to end with up a newer, better and nicer car than I initially intended.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:09 pm this is very nice and has full online service history , Also is a private sale so room for negotiation , last service was a month ago https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... posit=true
Looks great but I believe the OP is looking for a coupé. Especially if an important objective is to use it for long road trips I guess a vert is pretty much out of the question due to the compromised boot space.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

If a good car turns up it pays to be quick and decisive. I went to see mine as soon as the ad appeared and after an immediate test drive bought it there and then. Over the hour or so doing the deal there were two calls about the car. When I collected it a week later the dealer said there were loads of enquiries. Or maybe he was just doing dealer speak.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguandy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:48 pmWhen I collected it a week later the dealer said there were loads of enquiries. Or maybe he was just doing dealer speak.
i don't think dealers have to work very hard to sell F-Types - one test drive will do it! :lol:

In fact, that's how I upgraded my 2004 XKR to a 2010 XKR - I was just having a browse and spotted it but decided it was a bit expensive for me. The sales guy came over and said "Well, as you're here, why not take it for a drive anyway?" That was it. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

[quote=scm post_id=61749 time=1643133079 user_id=1834]
[quote=Jaguandy post_id=61748 time=1643129335 user_id=1620]When I collected it a week later the dealer said there were loads of enquiries. Or maybe he was just doing dealer speak.
[/quote]

i don't think dealers have to work very hard to sell F-Types - one test drive will do it! :lol:

In fact, that's how I upgraded my 2004 XKR to a 2010 XKR - I was just having a browse and spotted it but decided it was a bit expensive for me. The sales guy came over and said "Well, as you're here, why not take it for a drive anyway?" That was it. :shock:
[/quote]

Lol yes fantastic cars to drive I must admit , the test drive sold it to me also :mrgreen:
SquareFeet

Post by SquareFeet »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:03 pm Take heart! I test drove a nice blue V8R AWD back in the day and while I was prevaricating over whether to buy it someone else test drove it and put a deposit on it. But then a few weeks later another one came up which was much better (the blue one had 10,000 miles in a year, whereas the white one I ended up buying (also a year old) had just 1300 and was hardly used at all - ex-JLR manager's car who, I guess, lived very close to the office!

Ahh thank you scm (and MajorTom!), wise words indeed. I'll be keeping them in mind! And that's a great car you found by the sounds of it, you must be very happy with it 8-)
MajorTom wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:26 pm Looks great but I believe the OP is looking for a coupé. Especially if an important objective is to use it for long road trips I guess a vert is pretty much out of the question due to the compromised boot space.
Yep, coupés only for us. The boot space is definitely a requirement, but personally I much prefer the silhouette of the coupé. I think it shows off those chunky haunches better :lol:

Thanks for your efforts though BeltUp, they're very much appreciated!
Jaguandy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:48 pm If a good car turns up it pays to be quick and decisive. I went to see mine as soon as the ad appeared and after an immediate test drive bought it there and then. Over the hour or so doing the deal there were two calls about the car. When I collected it a week later the dealer said there were loads of enquiries. Or maybe he was just doing dealer speak.
For sure - I've learned my lesson. Plus with the used car market still reeling from Covid, chip- and labour-shortages, I daresay this is likely to continue to be the case for a while!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Agreed, coupés look so much better and do have a number of advantages over the convertibles. I think the coupé boot space is really good. For two persons it's massive.

Good luck with the hunt! This experience should make it easier for you to act quickly when you find the right one. Keep us posted.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post