New member - F Type newbie!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
scm

Post by scm »

Paul J wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:39 pm... Kind of wanted lower mileage then that as we don't plan to do many miles per year, and I figure if I keep the miles low it will be a lot easier to sell later
But if you don't do many miles a year it'll soon be a low mileage car! And if it's got a lot of miles you can assume that it hasn't spent much time in garages being fixed - it's been driven (which is good for cars anyway, assuming not thrashed).

And welcome to the forum!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Totally agree with Scm , garage queens can be nothing but trouble , The important thing is the service history , even at that low miles has the spark plugs been changed and diff oil replaced
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Agree. This is car is nice (see below) my spec, (white with black alloys and red interior) super low miles, a couple of grand more than the V8 I was looking at and a lot younger (2018) v the v8 (2013)

Question please, what does the R dynamic mean? Are these AWD as might be a bit easier to handle on the road then a V8 RWD ??

I guess, essentially, there is not much difference between the 2 cars apart from larger engine, RWD v AWD, and the V6 R is a lot newer??

Sounds a bit of a silly question, but if you were buying, which one would you choose - the slightly cheaper V8 2013 or the 2018 V6 R?? Both links are below. Just purely wanting to get people's views to help me along a bit. Thanks so much guys.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... posit=true

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... posit=true
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

R is reserved for V8’s only and is the top trim level (less SVR). R-Dynamic is also a trim level on later cars and was on the higher spec V6’s (very roughly!).
Deleted User 3572

Can't answer for the AWD cars as never driven one , my last car before this V6s was a full fat jaguar xkr 2011 with the 5 litre engine BHP 503. I got it tuned to 560 BHP had that car for 3 years , was the tune worth it , No . Unless you are going to track the car the power is never used daily , the v8 is the same as the v6 in the fact you only use the power to nip out quicker at junctions and roundabout s , both the v6 and v8 are tail happy and do come out if gunning it from standing
Deleted User 3572

You should test drive a v6 and then a v8 even in coupe form just to give you an idea
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:23 pm Can't answer for the AWD cars as never driven one , my last car before this V6s was a full fat jaguar xkr 2011 with the 5 litre engine BHP 503. I got it tuned to 560 BHP had that car for 3 years , was the tune worth it , No . Unless you are going to track the car the power is never used daily , the v8 is the same as the v6 in the fact you only use the power to nip out quicker at junctions and roundabout s , both the v6 and v8 are tail happy and do come out if gunning it from standing
Your recent history is similar to mine - I came to the F-Type from a 2010 XKR, which I'd had for 5 years and it was quite a wrench to part with it. Until I got in the F-Type! As you say the XKR was very tail happy and I've found the AWD F-Type to be far more planted than the XKR - I have a "test corner" that would often catch the XKR out but the F-Type has always behaved impeccably there, in spite of the extra 40 bhp.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Hi, only way to decide is try them, both make an addictive noise. 1 will cost you more in road tax/fuel and servicing costs if that's a factor. Like you I fancied a V8 but in the end I got the V6S and don't regret it.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Deleted User 3572

[quote=scm post_id=62379 time=1645034086 user_id=1834]
[quote=Beltupandholdon post_id=62375 time=1645032238 user_id=3572]
Can't answer for the AWD cars as never driven one , my last car before this V6s was a full fat jaguar xkr 2011 with the 5 litre engine BHP 503. I got it tuned to 560 BHP had that car for 3 years , was the tune worth it , No . Unless you are going to track the car the power is never used daily , the v8 is the same as the v6 in the fact you only use the power to nip out quicker at junctions and roundabout s , both the v6 and v8 are tail happy and do come out if gunning it from standing
[/quote]

Your recent history is similar to mine - I came to the F-Type from a 2010 XKR, which I'd had for 5 years and it was quite a wrench to part with it. Until I got in the F-Type! As you say the XKR was very tail happy and I've found the AWD F-Type to be far more planted than the XKR - I have a "test corner" that would often catch the XKR out but the F-Type has always behaved impeccably there, in spite of the extra 40 bhp.
[/quote]

I really do not miss the extra power as it's mostly any good at junctions and the v6 is no slouch, would have liked the AWD version but retired now so budget is an issue and we have 3 cars in total , love them all
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

What your going to use the car for also may have some impact. If it was a daily - defo a V6 or even ( :shock: Shhhh) a 2 ltr. But from your previous cars you mentioned, the 2 ltr might be to far down the sensible route.
If its an occasional toy (as mine is), then the V8 does make you smile. I find the V8s is a bit more lively at the back end than the XKR, but im putting that down to sh*t PZeros. Mines isnt AWD.
Are you going to track the car, drive it in crap weather..

as other have said, try before you buy - if possible. But in the end the V6s or V8s is a nice toy to have. Only you can chose which suits you best.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post