New member - F Type newbie!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

2 ltr is an absolute no no! Won't be tracking the car and it wont be a daily driver. Like to 996 turbo and the cobra, they were always weekend summer cars and only used for fun blasts out. We have always averaged 1-2 k per year for our weekend toys.
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Ps , the supercharger belt will need replaced as well on the 13reg car , due to age not miles
Deleted User 3572

And then spark plugs again due to age , recommended changed every 3 years due to water coming through the vents getting corroded that's £7-800 so far just on maintenance
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:11 pm And then spark plugs again due to age , recommended changed every 3 years due to water coming through the vents getting corroded that's £7-800 so far just on maintenance

The car has full JSH. Wouldn’t everything be done?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Deleted User 3572

[quote=DaddyDarren post_id=62387 time=1645040310 user_id=971]
[quote=Beltupandholdon post_id=62386 time=1645038711 user_id=3572]
And then spark plugs again due to age , recommended changed every 3 years due to water coming through the vents getting corroded that's £7-800 so far just on maintenance
[/quote]

The car has full JSH. Wouldn’t everything be done?
[/quote]

NO , you have to check the online service history to make sure , mine has Full JSH and they missed out the diff service :cry:
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Dont rely on JSH online - many dealers dont enter data.
Both my cars have full service histories (Jag) and both dont show full details online.
I have all paper copies - which i prefer anyway (old school), so not fussed.

I wouldn't be changing either plugs or SC belt on a car with the mileage the OP is looking at.
Never heard of a supercharger belt break on a modern Jag. Most issues caused by tensioner, and these tend to give warning (noise) of impending doom.
For plugs I would run nearer their mileage guide.

Again, my thoughts and not meant to open up a debate.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
Deleted User 3572

No problem . i am really thinking of missing the spark plug change on mine v6s , it was done 3 or 4 years ago after all and really only due as the bad design from the bonnet vents letting in rain water , i only use the car for summer use and will most like only have it 3 year , same with the belt . the old xkr i had i changed the supercharged belt as car was 10years old , and same with spark plugs , once in ten years . not bad . undecided !!!!
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

My XKR had plugs and tensioner done at around 10 years too. Belt removed was like new (but replaced anyway as they are cheap as chips). Plugs removed were also like new. That was at 38k miles or there abouts.
I changed plugs myself but got an indi to do SC belt and tensioner however will probably do it myself next time as not really hard to do.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
Deleted User 3572

[quote=AJ13 post_id=62397 time=1645049498 user_id=3681]
My XKR had plugs and tensioner done at around 10 years too. Belt removed was like new (but replaced anyway as they are cheap as chips). Plugs removed were also like new. That was at 38k miles or there abouts.
I changed plugs myself but got an indi to do SC belt and tensioner however will probably do it myself next time as not really hard to do.
[/quote]

You know some thing Mark , that's what i am going to do and servicing to , I already have a diary of things i have bought for this car , stuff giving any jugular dealer or so called indy good money for things i can do myself , in 3 years will be down to one car and it wont be a jaguar
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:11 pm And then spark plugs again due to age , recommended changed every 3 years due to water coming through the vents getting corroded that's £7-800 so far just on maintenance
Just checked the service history of the 13 plate V8. It hasn't had the belt done according to the records or the plugs done.

Reflecting on what I can get at a slightly higher price, I am not going to rush into any sale, and start to explore newer V6 models. For around £45 k I can pick up a 2018 plate V6s with really low mileage, I think it makes much more sense than buying a much older car. (see below). There was a lovely white one at a Jaguar dealer same price with only 5k on the clock but it has just been sold.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... on=at_cars
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post