New member - F Type newbie!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Paul J wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:58 am
Beltupandholdon wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:11 pm And then spark plugs again due to age , recommended changed every 3 years due to water coming through the vents getting corroded that's £7-800 so far just on maintenance
Just checked the service history of the 13 plate V8. It hasn't had the belt done according to the records or the plugs done.

Reflecting on what I can get at a slightly higher price, I am not going to rush into any sale, and start to explore newer V6 models. For around £45 k I can pick up a 2018 plate V6s with really low mileage, I think it makes much more sense than buying a much older car. (see below). There was a lovely white one at a Jaguar dealer same price with only 5k on the clock but it has just been sold.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... on=at_cars
I'm clearly biased but do think that going for a MY18+ S is the right way to go. I've never been interested in V8 F-Types and only looked for the V6S... at first I was considering older cars but after some research decided against it and chose to spend more on a newer less worn and better equipped car. If it's well specced a MY18 facelift car has quite a few advantages over the earlier ones... better seats, seat cooling, better tech and driving aids, LED lights, no faff with buttons and interior surfaces disintegrating and getting sticky, surely lots of other small bits and pieces improved as well...
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

[quote="Paul J" post_id=62405 time=1645088306 user_id=3745]
[quote=Beltupandholdon post_id=62386 time=1645038711 user_id=3572]
And then spark plugs again due to age , recommended changed every 3 years due to water coming through the vents getting corroded that's £7-800 so far just on maintenance
[/quote]

Just checked the service history of the 13 plate V8. It hasn't had the belt done according to the records or the plugs done.

Reflecting on what I can get at a slightly higher price, I am not going to rush into any sale, and start to explore newer V6 models. For around £45 k I can pick up a 2018 plate V6s with really low mileage, I think it makes much more sense than buying a much older car. (see below). There was a lovely white one at a Jaguar dealer same price with only 5k on the clock but it has just been sold.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... on=at_cars
[/quote] that was a nice car sorry you missed it , as others have said take a test drive in both the v6 and v8 then make up your mind , but honestly you won't use up all the power unless your Stirling moss and you won't have your licence for long lol , good luck , if me I would go for a newer car you have a healthy budget
Kevin Evans

Post by Kevin Evans »

1B133880-DAB5-4C9A-AB04-A2C25971D22E.jpeg

Hello to the forum I'm a T4 paraplegic (put in a wheelchair by an idiot driving a JCB whilst on my motorbike) but that's in the past I only look forward now. I've recently gone to four wheels a v8 convertible matalic British racing green with a grey top and boy that puts a smile on my face. I believe issues are very few with low milage F Types am I right to believe this or do the blinkers need to come off ?
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguar is no more unreliable than any other manufacturer these days, IME. I think most peopl who diss Jags have no recent (if any!) experience of them, and have long memories back to the bad old British Leyland days. Ford's ownership did wonders for reliability and they haven't gone backwards since the Tata takeover. My F-type is the fourth Jag I've had and all have been reliable, and not let me down.

And welcome to the club, lovely car!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Kevin Evans wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:57 pm 1B133880-DAB5-4C9A-AB04-A2C25971D22E.jpeg
Hello to the forum I'm a T4 paraplegic (put in a wheelchair by an idiot driving a JCB whilst on my motorbike) but that's in the past I only look forward now. I've recently gone to four wheels a v8 convertible matalic British racing green with a grey top and boy that puts a smile on my face. I believe issues are very few with low milage F Types am I right to believe this or do the blinkers need to come off ?
Exciting car to own , the dynamic switch is a must ! Providing you have a warranty and get her regularly serviced and look after her she will give a lot of pleasure .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Deleted User 3572

Hi Kevin and welcome , love your car but then im biased mine is BRG as well it stands out from the crowd , even with low millage their are fluid changes to do , Its down to a combination of miles and age what ever comes first . enjoy the car was a biker myself when young and had a few close shaves myself , broken ribs on one occasion and broken leg and ankle on another and in between just plain lucky lol . joe

20211006_091204_resized_2[501].jpg

Kevin Evans

Post by Kevin Evans »

Hi Joe Yellow calipers they make your car really stand out Great look
Deleted User 3572

Hi Kevin, yes I re-done them myself from the boring faded red , and added new S decals in green and red to them , they look so much better , can't wait till spring till we get out for a drive with the top down . Enjoy the car mate you will love it

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post