New Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Adrian1961

Post by Adrian1961 »

Well have at last got my f type a v6 what a great car and gets lots of nice looks and comments just love the colour when parked have to look back and think that is ours . We are going away for 8 weeks should I leave on a trickle charger

P1100231.JPG

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Hi Adrian lovely car , yes put on trickle charger but please take a reading of current battery status prior to this a fully charged battery should read 12.6 v , joe
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Lovely car. Enjoy. And enjoy your holiday!

I've left my 17 plate for between 6 and 9 weeks on a few occasions and no issues. Never been on any charger ever.
As long as you double lock it, it will go to sleep mode after about 4 days.

There is very much a 50/50 trickle charger or not on this forum. I've never charged a car in my lifetime.

But anyway, enjoy.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Congrats, these are amazing cars! Enjoy! :)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

simpleR wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:19 pm I've left my 17 plate for between 6 and 9 weeks on a few occasions and no issues. Never been on any charger ever.
As long as you double lock it, it will go to sleep mode after about 4 days.
Out of curiosity, did it ever show a low battery warning after having been left that long?

Since some time now mine always throws a low battery warning when I unlock it after leaving it for 5 to 6 days although everything seems to shut down properly. I do always only single lock it though but didn't think that single or double locking made any difference to power usage. Doesn't seem normal and I intend to let the dealer check it out but haven't bothered yet.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Never had a low battery warning after being left.
You should always double lock it though.
The hazard warning should go after about 10 min and if you have the InControl App then the car will say Asleep after about 4 days.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

The hazard warning goes out after a few minutes so it's definitely not the good old OBDII port issue.

Is there really any good reason to double lock it other than that additional alarm features are enabled? I think I've only double locked the F-Type and my previous two Jags a handful of times, on the very rare occasions that I've parked them overnight some place that didn't feel entirely safe. Otherwise my cars live in a locked garage so I don't quite see the point of double locking.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Conversely, when the option is there, for the double flex of a finger, I don’t see a reason not to.
By my logic there are advantages, but no disadvantage, so it just makes sense to look after the cat.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

The only time I wouldn't double lock mine is when I'm on a ferry, so the movement doesn't cause the alarm to activate.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

MajorTom wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:50 pm Is there really any good reason to double lock it other than that additional alarm features are enabled? I think I've only double locked the F-Type and my previous two Jags a handful of times, on the very rare occasions that I've parked them overnight some place that didn't feel entirely safe. Otherwise my cars live in a locked garage so I don't quite see the point of double locking.
Yes.
As others have said the car won't properly shut down and allow it to go into sleep mode to save the battery.
It's a feature across the JLR range.
A bloke on another forum couldn't understand why his battery was dead after a few days parking in his "secure garage" and not locking the car at all.
Double locking the car is a good habit to have for security purposes too.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post