At last, an F-type owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:48 am
cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:41 am Overnight on a CTEK or good long drive is called for
Overnight on a CTEK and a good long drive, surely? :lol:
Of course, but best not at the same time :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

scm

Post by scm »

Oops! Should have been "and then". Apologies for the ambiguity .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
TimHB

Post by TimHB »

Thanks everyone! I drove it 100 miles from the dealership so would’ve thought that’d fix any potential battery issues. But sounds like a great excuse to get out more! Next task is to get rid of my old XFS plate (T2XFS) and find a F-Type one!
V6S 380bhp British Design Edition in Ultra Blue
Barty

Post by Barty »

TimHB wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:47 pm Thanks all, loving the comments! Had my first teething problem today, the rear spoiler didn’t retract automatically & got a message on the dash saying something about the spoiler function not being available. Restarting the car allowed me to manually retract it so all good. Is this a common issue?
Hi Tim. My P300 does this frequently, maybe it something to do with the colour as it’s also Ultra Blue :D

You are the only other person I’ve ever read to have this same issue. Spoiler goes up at 74mph, as it should, every time. It only retracts at speeds below 50mph about 50% of the time. As you say, pressing the button gives a “spoiler not available” error message, but restarting the engine allows the button to work immediately.

I have no idea why this is, where the sensor that controls the spoiler deployment is located (if there is such a thing) or indeed why it always goes up but rarely comes down (oo-er missus). It’s going in for a service in July so will ask the dealer if they have any clue. I suspect it’ll all work fine while I’m there. It’s not a major issue, but you do feel a bit of a dick driving past the local primary school at 20mph with a big spoiler to hold you down on the tarmac.
P300 R-Dynamic MY2019 Ultra blue
TimHB

Post by TimHB »

Hi Barty,

Aha! Good to know it’s not only me.

I do have a theory on the cause. When the spoiler pops up at 70mph the problem occurs for me when it doesn’t deploy the whole way. After turning the car off & on again, pressing the spoiler up shows it can go up a bit further. Would be interested to hear if this happens to you also.

So then the question is why it doesn’t deploy by the full height. My car had had little use before I bought it so I wonder if the mechanism has just got a bit stiff, and just needs a bit of WD40 (or whatever is technically the correct thing). Interestingly as time goes on I’m seeing the problem less, which supports this theory.

Would be good to hear your experience & what the garage says about it.

Thanks
V6S 380bhp British Design Edition in Ultra Blue
Barty

Post by Barty »

Yes, same for me Tim. After an engine restart, pressing the button causes the spoiler to rise slightly before it retracts. If I ever get to the bottom of it I’ll let you know - there’s one particular slip road on my daily commute where after fairly rapid deceleration I’m usually sat at the roundabout waiting for the lights to change, spoiler aloft…
Barty

Post by Barty »

Not been back to the dealer yet, but seem to have fixed my sticky spoiler. During the last cleaning session, I popped the spoiler up and after drying it gave the mech a good spray with WD40 PTFE. It’s worked perfectly since, no problems at all.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post