Hi from Leeds

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

Hi All

So I'm in the market for an F-Type (hurrah!) Specifically looking at early V8R AWD Coupe. I'm 6'4" and have sat in car with the standard sports seats, and the upgraded performance seats - and only the latter will fit me, but I'm pretty sure they were standard in the R. I believe the aluminium roof actually gives slightly more headroom, but with the performance seats and pan roof I was OK, and solid roof felt a bit "claustrophobic" and the pan seems pretty much a must-have. Haven't had a test drive yet, but working on it.

No doubt I'll have a load of questions, but am currently doing my research around pricing etc.

RWD V8R's seem to be listing from around 37K, with AWD from around £41K. Pretty sure there were some RWD's at 36-37K pre-pandemic so there's a premium there (as there is with all the used market), and expecting a 2-year depreciation drop at some point.

However, I wondered about the turnaround for used F-Types. When I look around there seem to be many that have been unsold for months For example, in this search AutoTrader Search there's ones that have been around since Early January, Early December, Mid December.

Is it uncommon for them to sit around that long? Is there likely to be something amiss with these cars (either missing options or more obvious issues in the flesh), or simply that demand is low (niche product, fuel price hikes etc)? And if demand is low, does that mean they're over priced or will eventually sell at-or-around the listed price?

Just interested in a consensus of owners and those looking like myself.

Thanks
2014 RWD R Coupe in Polaris White

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There will be a reason, colour, spec, service history etc
On the three vehicles you listed.

Early January one:
Comes back as a 2016 AUDI A6 RS6 PERFORMANCE QUATTRO TFSI 605, 3993cc Petrol, 5DR, Automatic
Must of been on a private plate before and no original reg listed. Perhaps that has made history/finance checks difficult.

Early December
Is car 22983, 3 owners? and no service history since June 2019 (although advert says FSH). SORN and only done 850 miles in last 2 years.

Mid December
Is car 31524, has a mileage discrepancy recorded on it. 21/12/2020 reported at 95,849 miles but now being sold with 45,230 miles. Untaxed since November. Looks like a typo on MOT certificate to be honest. Previous a Paragon Fleet solutions car and 10 months late for 2nd service (recorded at 16535 miles first service and 32,495 miles at second so been run for maximum distance and time ignored).

I think there is a lot of choice out there at present and along with fuel prices perhaps buyers are being picky/precise on exactly what they want.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

You only live once - so if you really want an ftype dont wait around hoping that prices will drop, or worry about depreciation. Same could be said for most cars at moment.

As SimpleR stated - spec seems to keep certain cars stuck on forecourts but each person has their own requirements.
Im like you, 6ft4 and the perf seats were a must. As was a pan roof (ended up with a vert)
Again i wanted AWD but ended up with RWD - purely as the car i got had everything else i wanted and was on budget with low miles.

Try and view as many as you can, this will help you decide on what spec you must have. I tried to do this but instead of a AWD R coupe i intended to buy I ended up with a V8S Vert.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

Thanks simpleR, good info.

Out of interest, how did you get details of the first one given the photos don't show the number plate? It's always annoyed me that you can't even check basics, but you seem to have a way around it?

Thanks
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Most websites embed hidden information that just isn't displayed to the end user. It's retrieved but not displayed (hidden fields).

I can convert Jaguar reg plates to VIN to find car number and full VIN for service history etc on Jaguars system. I can sometimes go back the other way using other resources or from a picture find both reg and vin.

I didn't get the reg for the first one because autotrader list the advert as an RS6 behind the scenes now, so in-between being put up for sale and now the reg has 004 DVLA code on it for cherished plate transfer. The seller should really update the advert with the original reg.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

So, test drove a few cars over the last week, and settled on a beauty of an RWD V8R. Just got to manage to sleep for the next week until I pick it up 😆

33k miles and full and comprehensive Jag service history. Thanks to simpleR for data searches, and others for general guidance 👍

The obligatory photo: -

PXL_20220507_130944006.MP.jpg

Jamesrust777

Post by Jamesrust777 »

Congrats on the new car!

That will be a long week! I remember waiting a week to pick mine up. I’m in the leeds area too so may spot you out on the roads! Ha
2018MY F-Type R
Corris/Ammonite Grey
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Black Badged
Black SVR bonnet vents
Ceramic Coated with Titan coatings
Pilot Sport 4S tyres
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

I can vouch for the ‘long week’ comment! I put my deposit down on Thursday but can’t pick up until Wednesday this week at the earliest! :-(
2015 F Type V6S coupe in French Racing Blue
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats
Flat bottomed, heated steering wheel
Independent climate control
Paul J

Post by Paul J »

Looks great! Enjoy!
2017 Convertible British Design Edition V6S AWD. UltraBlue.

Link to car:- viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6130 :mrgreen:
Lowrider

Post by Lowrider »

Once you get your ftype your neighbour’s won’t be able to sleep when you startup.
Enjoy here’s to happy motoring.