Looking to own an F-Type S very soon!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

I’m only down the road near MK, happy to meet up Towcester way if you want some more info and to see what a base V6 is like.
Power delivery is very similar on the base V6 and the V6S - more important to get good spec and service history imo.

alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

That would be great, Tjp....much appreciated.
Can we look at next weekend if convenient to you?
It would be good to get some knowledge about the F-Type.
Somewhere like Tesco's car park in Towcester, which is just off the A5?
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

alistair64 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:18 pm The car looks very nice and the mileage wouldn't be a concern, but too far away unfortunately.
Must update my profile, but I'm in Daventry, Northants.
A good one's worth travelling for 😉. I went from Belfast to near Birmingham for mine.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I'm sure you already figured that out but apart from the 40 horses near the top end some important differences between the base car and the S are the adaptive dampers and LSD. I've never driven a base car but have seen back to back tests of the base vs S where the adaptive dampers and LSD apparently made a noticeable difference in ride, handling and power delivery.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
alistair64

Post by alistair64 »

MajorTom wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:48 pm I'm sure you already figured that out but apart from the 40 horses near the top end some important differences between the base car and the S are the adaptive dampers and LSD. I've never driven a base car but have seen back to back tests of the base vs S where the adaptive dampers and LSD apparently made a noticeable difference in ride, handling and power delivery.
Interesting, so the 335 HP model doesn't have a LSD?
Surprising on such an expensive car.

I am still looking at the S model, but who knows, I could be persuaded otherwise.
Incidentally, regarding my earlier comment about the ticking engine on the first car I viewed, I went to see another yesterday.
Same mileage, give or take 1000, newer by 3 years, but definitely no ticking sound from the top end when started from cold.
Altogether a much nicer example, but unfortunately slightly out of my price bracket - isn't that always the way! :(
Deep Sapphire Blue 2014 Convertible S
scm

Post by scm »

alistair64 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:48 pm Incidentally, regarding my earlier comment about the ticking engine on the first car I viewed, I went to see another yesterday.
Same mileage, give or take 1000, newer by 3 years, but definitely no ticking sound from the top end when started from cold.
Altogether a much nicer example, but unfortunately slightly out of my price bracket - isn't that always the way! :(
Aww, go on - we always buy the cheapest car we can't afford! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Exactly, no LSD on the base cars. Mind you, apart from that the S cars tend to come better equipped with bigger brakes and other toys which were optional on the base cars. That said an S is usually a safe bet when it comes to equipment. Concerning the age of the car, also bear the earlier cars' infotainment and sticky interior in mind.

As scm says, going for the one slightly out of your price bracket is usually the way to go. :) With all my three Jags including this one I ended up buying a nicer, better, newer and more expensive car than I initially aimed at, and I'm so happy I did! :D
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post