Greetings from Lincoln not Nebraska.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Hi I am from the same area as Jeremy Clarkson and share his enthusiasm for the F type. I was born in Tickhill South Yorkshire. Jeremys Grandad had the Royal Oak and we had the Chippy next door.
I moved to Lincoln quite a while ago and take full advantage of it's challenging roads. Usually on my Ducati, however starting from 1 May 2022 I will be carving up the Lincolnshire woulds in my 2020 380 V6 R Dynamic cabriolet. RWD.
Ultimate Black, full Winsor leather, 20in wheels and whatever else it may have when I come across it. A build sheet would have been nice.
It was a static demonstrator in a London dealership for just over 12 months and now, with only 2,500 mile on it is now mine. :D I am now the "big smiling peace of meat in the middle".
Not sure if I would have chose the cabriolet if configured from new, cannot see me opening the roof very often (wasted on me) if I want to be blown about and attacked by insects I will use the Ducati. The RWD is refreshing after years of driving the Audi Quattro.
Please be kind to me as I have many stupid questions, such as how on earth do I get the hand brake off so I can push it around in the garage.

Thank you for allowing me on your forum and hope to see some of you at Cadwell park this summer.

Kindest Regards
Trevor
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Welcome Trevor. Was over your way yesterday. Favourite drive is Nottingham - Woodhall Spa with stop off at Seven Districts Coffee House. Out of the thousands of cars out, not one other F-Type. You’ve joined a pretty exclusive club!

I attend the odd show/meet in Lincolnshire. Maybe see you one day.

Enjoy your new toy. Lots of knowledgeable folk on here to answer all your questions 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Welcome, you have good taste to have an F Type and a Ducati.

My favourite track for riding my 848 (sadly now sold) was cadwell park and did many Hopp Rider Training days there.

Sunny Sunday morning must bring you awkward decisions......bike or car?

For the handbrake deactivation, there is a proceedure of pressing pedals while turning ignition on and off. It's been written about on the forum so try a search.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Hi Darren
I regularly visit the Seven Districts Coffee House shame I wasn't there yesterday. I was still trying to work out what all the switches do.
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.
scm

Post by scm »

Spooks wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:31 am Ultimate Black, full Winsor leather, 20in wheels and whatever else it may have when I come across it. A build sheet would have been nice.
Once you have the VIN, send it to Jaguar Customer Services and ask for the TOPIx Vehicle Summary. Or the supplying dealer may do it for you.

And welcome to the club - your grin muscles are probably already primed from the Ducati!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Greetings Trevor - and welcome to our exclusive club 😎
Hope the brake maintenance mode is clear for you now.
You really need to get that roof down to have the full exhaust noise experience though!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

I have emailed Jaguar customer services, the supplying dealer in London and my local Lincoln Jaguar, nothing! Getting a build sheet is like finding the Holy Grail.
I don't mind subscribing to Topix, however someone said it's £35.00 for 24 hours. Really!
Perhaps I should simply look at the car and work out what it's got and not got, How hard can it be?
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome to the club! Lots of bikers or ex-bikers here, I took my GSXR750 round Cadwell a few years ago - great track. Roof down to enjoy the noise, also easier to talk to all the admirers! 😎. If you get stuck getting the build sheet pm me and I might be able to help. Up in Lincoln next week.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

CRC will probably reply. I got the build sheet,4 days after sending an email.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Thanks I will give them a bit longer.