MY2016 F-Type V6 S 380bhp Italian Red

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

mickjaguar wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:01 am Easy difference is IRR is metallic and Salsa isn't. Paint code near the door latch will be 1AF/CAH for IRR..
The only paint code I can find is 1AF - and it is metallic, so definitely IRR :)

Trim level is PDE - there's also a GH after that, but not sure if that is part of the code or not.

19" rims Aquila type.

Thought I might have folding mirrors after reading the manual yesterday, but when pressing the two mirror adjustment buttons does nothing......so obviously not that option!

It's an added level of fun finding about the exact options on my car - although when it came to what dealers stated their cars had, and what their cars actually had, much of it seemed to be copy and paste, and you really had to look closely at any car to work out what it actually had (and I obviously missed a few things!).

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

MajorTom wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:45 am By the way, does anyone know when the window seals were revised?
In the two Jaguar TSB’s (Vertical Scratches On Door Windows) that I posted earlier in this Topic, the first one (dated 15/06/2016) shows the new Waist Seal part numbers T2R 24144 (left side) / T2R 24143 (right side).

The second one (dated 20/02/2018) shows the part numbers were superseded and for my car they are T2R 25504 (right side) / T2R 25508 (left side).

T2R 25504 is what I had fitted by the main dealer in early 2020.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

You either have a bad camera or that def isnt irr, ive never seen irr look like that.
Also didnt the S come with 20" wheels and different hood vents!!!
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Timbo wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:48 pm You either have a bad camera or that def isnt irr, ive never seen irr look like that.
Also didnt the S come with 20" wheels and different hood vents!!!

The colour does look different to the IRR shown in these links....
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6020
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5615

However, the OP has stated the paint code is 1AF (shown on the UK near side ‘B’ pillar label) which is indeed IRR. Perhaps it’s the way the light is catching it or picture quality etc? Unless it’s had a respray?

The V6S came with 19 inch wheels as standard and also the open mesh bonnet vents on MY16 (as per the OP’s pic).
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Here's another photo of IRR. This is the same car as the one in the second link provided by RSPN, using the same camera (Pixel phone).

IRR changes significantly in different light conditions.

viewtopic.php?t=2657&p=24178#p24178
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

So, I took my car to Stratstone - as it was due its MOT and service and - via the Jaguar website it was the cheapest of the regular service intervals.

Aside from me booking a Saturday (through the Jag website) - when I turned up, they had booked me Tuesday....I left the car there - apparently needed new pads (£220 ish) and they suggested new discs (£500 ish), which they didn't have parts for. It's now Thursday, and they've just phoned me up to say one of the steering column bolts has sheered (though why they only see it on Thursday, and when they were working on rear pads and discs I don't know) - but have suggested 3 hours of labour and £600 for one bolt - which in anywhere apart from the UK apparently is a recall issue.......I told them to jump and will be taking it somewhere else that don't charge £600 to change a bolt. They did offer to change all of them for me at the same time........I see there is already a change.org petition for similar bolts shearing on other JLR products. I am reminded of the Harry Enfield sketch "I saw you coming"...

So despite my car being booked - even according to them on Tuesday - still haven't got my car back......lovely...

(note still enjoying the car itself though!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post