MY2016 F-Type V6 S 380bhp Italian Red

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

My first post on this forum as I am a super new Jag F-type owner.

After some searching and decisions, I have bought a 2016 plate 380bhp V6 S, which is still making me quite happy :) - even if I did let my missus drive it yesterday......

I watched a lot of youtube videos - and that was pretty much how I made my choice - the coupe, the V6 (S), in Italian Racing Red (or whatever it really is called - it's not the super bright red) - with panoramic roof - which really makes a difference. I bought it up North, but it actually came from Bristol / Cardiff, where it is again!

There are number of different things that I'd certainly want advice on, as I'm still unsure on some things:-

number 1 is that I'm still not sure what exact version of In touch I have - it has the buttons on the side, but seems to be not the first version - as I'd like to see if is the type that can have the Android Car Play on it - if it is any help , the fuel and temp indicators are curved, rather than just straight blocks.

number 2 is that my VIN number - when I check it - thinks it is a different Jag from the '80s - I'd be interested to know where the 'proper' VIN number is - the one in the window and on the door pillar match.

number 3 is that I have scratched driver's door glass - I thought there was a recall / technical bulletin for that - but I thought MY16 cars had already had the new seals

number 4 - maps - I need to know the answer to number 1 before I can update the maps - as I might as well get those sorted now.....

registration BU16 HLO - I think it has had 2 / 3 previous owners, service history was fine (although one of the service centres was Stratstone Cardiff, which has been in the news recently). Hopefully the image I have uploaded of it works!

Roland

F-Type_220622.jpg

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

IRR is a great colour. I think the latest cars may call it Firenze red, but Italian Racing Red was the colour of your car on delivery.

1. You have an early version Incontrol Touch with the 8" screen. It's basically the same as the very first models except that the main menu is colour, but with this system the car has remote start and info via the phone app. This version also brought InControl Apps, but there isn't really anything worth bothering with. Sadly it doesn't do Apple Car Play or Android Auto.

2. VIN should be the one in the windscreen.

3. Your car may still have the window seals, built before the revised versions were introduced. There was no recall, it relied on the owner to say there was a problem.

4. See 1 above.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Your car is number 29013 registered 1st March 2016.

The VIN is in the window and yours starts SAJAC61 and ends 29013 (5 characters removed). Check service history and VIN @ https://osh.jaguar.com
FJSH / Clear on PNC.

If you put the VIN into other websites it will return old Jaguars for some reason.
Very nice, enjoy!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Welcome to the forum.

Great choice of vehicle.
rolgm wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:17 pm I have scratched driver's door glass - I thought there was a recall / technical bulletin for that - but I thought MY16 cars had already had the new seals
The driver’s door glass was scratched on mine so I informed the main dealer who replaced the glass and new seal.....I paid 50% towards the cost.

There have been a few Technical Bulletins for this and I’ve attached two of them...
JTB00502 - Vertical Scratches On Door Windows.pdf
(518.97 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
JTB00502NAS3 - Vertical Scratches On Door Windows.pdf
(234.63 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

Thank you for your replies - much appreciated.

Sad that I can't get the software updated to Android Car Play, but as someone said, if you are buying the car for the infotainment system, then I've got a lovely Focus to sell you.....!

I'd already logged the VIN in the windscreen - as one of you have said - typing it into the non-Jag websites gave me a car from 1986 for some reason......

Thank you for the links to the TSBs - any idea of what kind of price it might be to get the driver's door glass sorted? Just so I know how many kidneys to sell :)

I do like the car very much -- yes it would be nice to have the things I mentioned sorted / sortable, but everyone who has been in it / driven it has a smile on their face - there's something about them that means people want to talk about them (even take photos!) which you don't seem to get with some other cars. Both of my children have - without asking - gone to wash it - which hasn't happened before, so that says something!

Would be nice to have had full electric seats / folding mirrors / Meridian sound etc, but again those are nice to haves rather than the choices I made which were more important.

One further question - and I'm sure there is a forum post somewhere on it (as it is a common thing) - the blue tooth is a bit on the erratic side, so I was wondering what others did about this.

regards

Roland
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Hi and welcome. Lovely looking car. Might be the picture but that looks more like Salsa red than Italian Racing Red. Enjoy.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome. Looks great, enjoy.
XZ4 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:15 am Might be the picture but that looks more like Salsa red than Italian Racing Red. Enjoy.
I thought that too, it looks the same colour as mine.

Re bluetooth, I had a similar issue. Putting music on a USB stick apparently works well.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Easy difference is IRR is metallic and Salsa isn't. Paint code near the door latch will be 1AF/CAH for IRR..
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

rolgm wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:02 pm Thank you for the links to the TSBs - any idea of what kind of price it might be to get the driver's door glass sorted? Just so I know how many kidneys to sell :)
Lol....Checked my records and the total bill for the driver's door glass and new waist seal replacement dated in early 2020 was £457 inc VAT. I can see that the main dealer actually contributed 60% towards this as ‘Goodwill’ and I paid the remaining 40%.

Had a look online on the JLR Classic website and the current prices for the parts on my car are:

T2R7476 - Door glass £269 inc VAT https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... glass.html

T2R25504 – Waist Seal £146 inc VAT https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... -seal.html

Although I've had the parts replaced, one or two light scratches have appeared on the door glass but not as bad as before. When cleaning the car, I check the waist seals and remove/wash away any debris which causes the issue.
rolgm wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:02 pm everyone who has been in it / driven it has a smile on their face - there's something about them that means people want to talk about them (even take photos!) which you don't seem to get with some other cars. Both of my children have - without asking - gone to wash it - which hasn't happened before, so that says something!

the blue tooth is a bit on the erratic side, so I was wondering what others did about this.
Yes, the F-Type certainly gets a lot of attention and compliments :) ....It’s a car that appeals to various ages, from children to great-grandparents. Hope your children are competent at car washing!

I download music onto a USB stick and all works A-OK with good sound quality.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Congrats! Looks like you got yourself a fantastic example there. In the picture it looks more like the bright (Caldera?) red than IRR but I guess it's the light.

Regarding bluetooth audio connectivity I never had any issues with that with any of my Jags. The only tiny issue with Bluetooth streaming in my F-Type is that it rarely displays the album art. No such issue if I connect the phone with a cable or play music via USB or the car's built in spotify app though. If you have bluetooth connectivity issues perhaps it's something with your phone. Anyways as others say - playing music from a USB stick is a great solution. Don't know about your version of the in car system but mine also plays lossless formats like FLAC.

If you want CarPlay, just pop in the UniqueAudio kit which you probably already read about on here or elsehwere.

By the way, does anyone know when the window seals were revised?
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post