Hello and a few questions

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
barneyrubble

Post by barneyrubble »

Hi All, I'm currently in an M2 thats 4 years old. I don't do the mileage in it any more and the kids have moved out, so am looking for a new car. I have pretty much decided on an F-type convertible with the V8 engine.

I have a few questions - hopefully someone can help me out as i know very little about the F-Type

1) Is there anything specific to watch out for on a 2015 (ish) V8?
2) Are heated seats standard, as most adverts i've seen don't mention them? For the colder months i love driving my wifes mini roadster with the top down and heated seats on
3) Any must have extras - this will be my main car, although i don't use it much during the week as i commute on the train 2 days a week and WFH the other 3.
4) In car entertainment - what should i look for? Are there any 3rd party upgrades that enable carplay as this is one thing i will probably miss from my m2

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Make sure there is no transmission whine, diffs have been known to grow a whine until it gets loud enough to replace it.
Extended warranty might pay off. Good service history is as important as ever.
I recommend a rear camera and preferably front parking sensors.
Check for heated seats by looking at the aircon temperature knobs.

If you find a car, ask on here with the details for some history information. There are a few rogues about.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you find one you like and want a history check before purchasing then post a reg.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
barneyrubble

Post by barneyrubble »

Great - thanks for the replies, i'm going to look at a couple at dealers this weekend. See what I like and what i don't.

I really want the V8, but suspect i may end up with a V6 as they are more in my price range.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Must haves for me when looking to buy were
Performance seats with heating
Meridian Stereo
Heated seats
Powerfold mirrors (I have a single garage)
Front parking sensors
Luckily I found a car with all these plus much more

Don't discount a V6S without driving one
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

Agree with XZ4. In hindsight I would’ve waited for one with performance seats and the upgraded sound system - the base one is RUBBISH.
Rear camera and front parking sensors are a must - especially if you’re going to get a convertible.
scm

Post by scm »

Tjp wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:36 am Agree with XZ4. In hindsight I would’ve waited for one with performance seats and the upgraded sound system - the base one is RUBBISH.
By "base" do you mean the Jaguar one, or the Meridian non Surround? I'm quite happy on the rare occasions I turn on my Meridian 380W system.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

The standard Jaguar one, it’s really bad :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post