Hi all. Joined up as looking for an SVR.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Smitrax

Post by Smitrax »

I’ve watched a few YouTube videos and a read a couple of pieces on Pistonheads but would still appreciate the wisdom of the experts on here.

Sports/GT cars I’ve had before are a Boxster, 911 and a Cali T. Also had a LR so have a little experience with JLR service levels and shared tech in the range of cars.

My initial questions are:

1. Was there any update in the years the SVR was manufactured?

2. How much is an extended warranty from Jaguar and how good is it?

3. I really don’t like damaging my wheels and find cameras quite helpful for car parks, Eurotunnel etc does the SVR come with surround cameras as standard? Are they any good?

4. What are the servicing costs like? Is it minor/major or is there a really expensive one at ‘x’ year?

5. I believe a lot of the options are standard on the SVR but what isn’t that’s good to have? Is the power tailgate standard? Cooling seats?

I have tried to speak to a sales person at Jaguar Southampton re their 20 plate SVR and the SVR in general but the knowledge just wasn’t there. I guess they just sell too broad of a range of cars to have the expertise across the range.

Thanks.

scm

Post by scm »

2. EXtended warranties run (IME) at around £1000 a year and I think it covers pretty much everything that's not wear and tear.
3. I don't think surround cameras were ever available for the F-Type, just a reversing camera and front and rear sensors.
4. I haven't found servicing costs much different from "normal" cars. Dealers' labour rates are eyewatering, but if you can find a decent independent that you can trust you can save a fortune!

Doubtless others will be along to add futher knowledge.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

1. The updates follow those for other F types which are the infotainment and tech. Later cars have the 10" screen with better aps/nav/camera resolution and apple car play/android auto etc. Plus LED headlights and tinted rear lights. The mechanicals don't really change other than the PPF making the exhaust quieter from mid 2018 onwards (pull fuse 15 to get some of the sound back)

5. Options are quite varied on cars. A lot of SVRs will be loaded. Although it's not unheard of to find random things like heated seats missing or being without a rear camera.

For me a glass pano roof is preferred to say the carbon roof. Many come with carbon brakes, which was also an option. I would also prefer the exterior and interior carbon packs (expensive) over stuff like the power tailgate, configurable lighting, self parking, meridian surround. But that's down to individual preferences.

I've just done a quote for extended warranty for year 4 on my car. £728 or £813 with Europe wide breakdown/recovery.

The SVR at Hendy's looks like it may have been a showroom/demo car initially as it was PDI'd by Hendy's Christchurch 10/12/2019 before being sold on 24/07/2020. Details of the first annual service are not showing online. Some dealers are notoriously bad at updating the OSH, so it might have been done and not uploaded.

I've looked at my cars build spec from Topix and had a guess at what might have been available as standard/options on the SVR

Standard features
TSR/ADAPTIVE SPEED LIMITER
STNG WHL-SUEDE CLOTH SVR
REVERSE PARKING AID
PWR ADJ STNG COL W/MRY
POWER 12 WAY DRIVER SEAT
LOZENGE QUILTD LTHR
IP-LEATHER/SUEDE
FOOT PEDAL - METALIC FINISH
CONTRAST STITCHING
AUTO HIGH BEAM ASSIST
12-WAY ELECTRIC FRONT SEATS
REAR SPOILER-SVR CARBON FIBRE
DRV/PAS ELEC FT SEAT MEMORY
BRAKE CALIPERRED (NON-CARBON BRAKES)
AUTONOMOUS EMERGENCY BRAKING

Options
TAILGATE/BOOTLID-POWERED
SUNVR MIR INSRT LTH
REAR VIEW CAMERA
PREMIUM LEATHER CONSOLE
PARK ASSIST
MIRRORS HTD/P-FOLD/MEM/A-DIM
JET HEADLINER
IP INSERT - CARBON SVR
HIGH PERFORMANCE AUDIO SYSTEM
HEATED/COOLED FRONT SEATS
HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN
HEADLINING - LEATHER
FRONT PARKING AID
EXT MIRROR FINISH - CARBON
CONSOLE STITCH-CONTRAST
CARBON BRAKES - CALIPERS YELLOW
BUMPERCARBON/GLOSS BLACK
SIDE VENTCARBON INGOT
RBUMPER - GLOSS BLACK/CARBON
ROOF - FIXED PANORAMIC
REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION
BLIND SPOT ASSIST
AMBIENT LIGHTING-CONFIGURABLE
BONNET LOUVRE - CARBON FIBRE
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Moss

Post by Moss »

mickjaguar wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 pm
I've just done a quote for extended warranty for year 4 on my car. £728 or £813 with Europe wide breakdown/recovery.
Topic swerve - who was the extended warranty quote with, if you don’t mind me asking?

Back to the OP - you won’t be disappointed with the SVR regardless of options. Just be sure you get the full-fat exhaust treatment :twisted: :mrgreen:
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Smitrax

Post by Smitrax »

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

Itt’s like pulling teeth getting any info from Hendy. The main thing that worries me is having to deal with JLR on an ongoing basis.

Edited to change Henry to Hendy.
Last edited by Smitrax on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Moss wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:18 pm
mickjaguar wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 pm
Topic swerve - who was the extended warranty quote with, if you don’t mind me asking.
It's the Jaguar extended warranty via jaguar.co.uk
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It is car 67208 and has full manufacturer warranty until 24th July 2023.

It was actually PDI on 19th Dec 2019 (MY2020 spec) and ran in Dorset until July 2022 before arriving in Southampton but missed its first first service completely or was never recorded.

Such a large gap between PDI and warranty start date suggests it was showroom or demonstrator.

Anyway, it will come with full warranty until 24th July 2023.
If you are interested in it ask for the 2yrs Extended Jaguar Warranty for free. Then your covered until July 2024 for breakdown and warranty for free.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Smitrax

Post by Smitrax »

Really appreciate the responses on here and had no idea that some of you could get hold of specific vehicle history.

The car was reduced a few days ago but I decided to pass as it turns out it didn’t have a 1 year service and doesn’t have heated seats.

Dealing with JLR was as expected and it took 2 weeks to get answers to very straightforward questions. A private car with a warranty might be a better route but so few cars for sale.

A couple of cars have been reduced in price in the brief period I’ve been following them. I might just watch how the market goes for a while unless something stunning comes up for sale.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post