Mustang 5.0 owner looking to swap to a F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

Hi All,

Currently I have a 5.0 mustang on a 66 plate and I have decided it's time to scratch a long-term itch. Growing up my dad has had loads of jags, XJS - 3 of the 6 cylinders and also a v12 with the twin tanks and more recently an XKR which I loved!
So, I was always thinking it's got to be a V8 F-type! However, after watching a good few videos I reckon the 380hp V6 would suit me just fine! I'm going to look for a facelift one, believe these changed in 2017? How do you tell it's a later one? I'm also a bit confused on spec, I've seen a few with flat bottom steering wheels and different seats too. Is there anything I should look out for? I've never even sat in one so might take a drive to the jag dealers and sit in one to see how it fits etc.

In short, I want:
coupe only
Facelift - 380hp
Blue or white I think!
Prefer the really sporty-looking seats with the flat bottom wheel.

Can anyone tell me what the models are? One I'm keen on is a dynamic AWD on a 67 plate 23k and is a smidge over 40k.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

If the car you are interested in is at Auto100,
the reg appears to be HJ67BVR.

This model the first facelift with the LED headlights. These have horizontal lenses in them rather than round lamps. 2017 has the 8" infotainment screen. I think the 10" came in slightly later
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Yes 10" infotainment screen seems to have appeared late 2018
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:46 pm If the car you are interested in is at Auto100,
the reg appears to be HJ67BVR.

This model the first facelift with the LED headlights. These have horizontal lenses in them rather than round lamps. 2017 has the 8" infotainment screen. I think the 10" came in slightly later
How on earth did you know that! That is the car that caught my eye. I love the seats and the steering wheel. I was thinking of buying from jag though as you get 12 months warranty. Just been to view this, pre face-lift and rwd but looked in great condition. Mot highlighted a oil leak from the diff and a cracked windscreen though. Apart from what's mentioned above is that the only difference? I really could do with the best headlights though so If that means face-lift that's OK!

https://www.inchcape.co.uk/used-cars/ja ... to-190813/

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post