10 years and an Ftype owner again

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
rodbin1647

Post by rodbin1647 »

Hi Just acquired a lovely Ftype R dynamic just 10 years after I had my last F type (one of the first) S convertible. Lots of fun vehicles in-between. Its replacing an Etype for more reliable touring, I hope
My first question it is a 2019 MY can I get InControl app for this vehicle
Coffee best fuel for people performance

Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I don't know, ...but I think if you post photos of the FType it increases the odds of being able to use the app.
scm

Post by scm »

If you got the car from a Jaguar dealer they should be able to get it all set up for you. The app is a free download, but you'll need to buy subscriptions for the various InControl facilities: Protect, Remote Premium, and Secure Tracker.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

You can set it up yourself.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/ownership/inco ... index.html

However, if the car is still linked to the previous owner you won't be able to connect to it. Then you'll need to get a Jaguar dealer to delete the link to the previous owner. They'll want to see proof that it's your car (V5 etc). Or you can contact Jaguar customer services and they'll reset it.

Vaguely remember doing mine and it was very simple, once the previous owner was removed. I think, I sat in the car with a tablet and when you go to link your InControl account to the car, it prompts you to press one of the buttons in the overhead console.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
rodbin1647

Post by rodbin1647 »

All set up just had to wait for V5C spoke to Tom at jaguar customer support really good took the existing owner off and I was good to go. Git the car connected but does not seem to be correct on info showing car unlocked when locked and I do not seem to have any control over the car locking or unlocking and I guess remote start not available with may car
Still not been able to sort out the voice command and tom at jaguar was a but bewildered why I have a blank button
But loving the car
scm

Post by scm »

When you click the "Remote" tab at the bottom of the app do you get a number pad to input your PIN?
rodbin1647

Post by rodbin1647 »

Voice Command update
Apparently jaguar decided that voice control would not work in convertible so left it out! I. know all we want to hear are those seductive sounds from the exhaust but this is the UK and if you use the car daily 80% of the time will be with the roof up .....Bit of a cop out ??
rodbin1647

Post by rodbin1647 »

When you click the "Remote" tab at the bottom of the app do you get a number pad to input your PIN?
Do not have that but the subscription has run out and can't see any links yet to renew. Does remote work with 2019 type I can't find any confirmation on forums
scm

Post by scm »

rodbin1647 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:45 amDoes remote work with 2019 type I can't find any confirmation on forums
It works with my MY18 (I use it a lot!) so should work with MY19.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

scm wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:55 am
rodbin1647 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:45 amDoes remote work with 2019 type I can't find any confirmation on forums
It works with my MY18 (I use it a lot!) so should work with MY19.
Yep. Works with my 2019 plate (MY20) too. Everything from MY16 should be OK for the UK market editions.

The car needs to connect to the JLR servers and share data to get the current status on the app. I think it sometimes needs the engine starting and a mobile connection long enough to link.

It also goes to sleep when not connected for a few days. I read somewhere about rebooting the telecoms module by removing and reinserting the fuse, which forces it to reconnect.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post