New to Jaguar.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

Yup, I would settle for nothing less than a refund of the paint treatment. I would have zero faith in them to put it right if they were happy to hand the car over to you like that in the first place. Red flag with the lack of paperwork, not on the car itself but on the dealer as a business.

As SimpleR pointed to there's plenty of online resources for the manuals and osh website will give you a breakdown of the service history of the vehicle. As a point I would have asked them for a print out of the servicing history prior to committing to the car, very important in my eyes.

Also worth doing is getting the vehicle moved onto an account of your own on https://my.jaguar.co.uk/dashboard my mate sold a Jaguar XF and still had access to the remote start etc.

The car looks lovely and I hope you enjoy it and not let the dealer experience ruin what is a real stunner of a car.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.

ianp

Post by ianp »

Nice summer car welcome!
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Restless native

Post by Restless native »

Thanks for comments and info guys, much appreciated.
I've been back to the dealer and have now got an owners manual.
Considering I have paid for the car I was expecting to have a fight regarding the paintwork/ GuardX treatment and, to be fair they immediately offered to take the car back in and correct their failings.
I believe in giving people a chance to fix their mistakes and I'm putting my trust in the salesman who has assured me he will personally oversee the work and have his best man on the job. He had been on his days off prior to me collecting the car and without saying it, I could see he was not best pleased with the result, so they have the chance to put things right before I go down the road of claiming a refund.

This all sounds pretty negative so far but I love this car! The drive, the comfort, the looks and all the bells and whistles make it an absolute pleasure to own. Everyone who's seen the car has been blown away by the looks and colour, with my non petrolhead friends mistaking it for an Aston or Maserati :lol:
I'll keep you all posted on how I get on with the paint correction later this month, but for now I'm just going to enjoy this beautiful car :D
No pipe and slippers here :D MY19 Carpathian grey 2.0L Chequered flag convertible.
Restless native

Post by Restless native »

Hi guys,
thanks for all the feedback and info/links, much appreciated.
I have a plan in place to get the paintwork looking the way I expected it should have first time around and I'll let you know how that goes nearer the end of the month.
For now I am just loving the car. Everything about it puts a smile on my face. The drive, the looks and all the bells and whistles make it an absolute joy.
No pipe and slippers here :D MY19 Carpathian grey 2.0L Chequered flag convertible.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post