Looking to purchase

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Tim Bush

Post by Tim Bush »

Hi all, new here and I’m looking to buy my first F type. Going for the V6 S, as my entry point. I’m looking at a car in Southend reg no PF66 SKX. Does anyone know any history or previous owners for a bit of due diligence? Thanks for any insight

Thoth

Post by Thoth »

Hi, post the car details in the F Ty-e orders section, There is a fantastic guy who can tell you all about your potential purchase
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I always look at the What's New section anyway.

Car 35104. A V6S black berry convertible from 30th Nov 2016.

No PDI recorded so ensure this was actually completed to make sure the two keys are coded and locked to the vehicle to stop any new keys being coded from OBD port and ensure both keys fully work.

Unsure where the car started life but appears in Liverpool for 1st service on time in Sept 2017. 2nd service a little late in Jan 2019 and then doesn't appear again until Aug 2021 in Kent and then hasn't been seen by Jaguar since then so shows missing service plus 299 days overdue.

I believe three previous owners but a vehicle check returns the reg linked to a Nissan DCI Tekna so it might of been on a private plate and DVLA system is still catching up as the private plate has moved to a Nissan. Clear on PNC.

An odd MOT in 2021 with worn tyres and gouges in the front tyres? I presume that is from kerbing and presume a cracked front number plate is from kissing something from parking.

On the advert it has brand new plates front and rear so I would be doing a full check on the vehicle to make it hasn't been in a minor bump. Car vertical or one of your choice.

Doesn't appear online anywhere other than current advert.

HTH
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Tim Bush

Post by Tim Bush »

Many thanks. I’ve done a car check search and it shows it was last traded in a scrapped auction in 2022. Note was mechanical issue. Done virtually no miles since. I’m going to steer well clear.
Looking at another via a private sale on current plate T18 LDW which checks out well on car check. Anything else you could offer on this one would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Which car check service did you use?
(Just out of interest).
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

And the other one is car 44274, v6S convertible which is a later MY17 specification car (the other was an MY16) in Corris Grey from 22nd Nov 2016.

Again no PDI record so unsure where it was first. Looks like 3 previous owners.
In Droitwich, First service April 2018, then 2nd service in October 2018 (odd) then it was sold Dec 2018 in Northampton.
3rd service late in Northampton March 2020 then it hasn't been seen by Jaguar since then so shows as 827 days overdue. Should be coming up to 7th service obviously.

Looks like it needs a new pair of boots from the MoT history. Clear on PNC and only shows on private plate so unsure what the original one was but again a good car check should tell you that.
Tim Bush

Post by Tim Bush »

That is great. Car check has all come up fine. Pleased with the MY 17 news. Looking at it tomorrow so if service history (non jaguar) checks out I’ll buy it. Seller says in order but it needs another one soon. Great stuff many thanks for your time, very much appreciated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post