2nd F Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
corbs

Post by corbs »

Evening all

New to the forum, just bought a 66 plate SVR in Corris Grey. Many years ago had a 2014 V6 (340bhp) model in Sapphire Blue, that had a few mods but the SVR is fully kitted with carbon roof, carbon ceramics etc so will be left as is, bar a Car Play retrofit.

Polarbear70

Post by Polarbear70 »

Congrats corns and welcome to SVR ownership 😎
2019 SVR Athena Blue
Carbon in & out packs
Smiles per mile :D
MonstaSVR

Post by MonstaSVR »

YO!

New member here too, traded in a 16plate R for a 17 plate SVR - and guess what - nothing but 02 sensor issues with both haha - the SVR has only done 9000 miles and its throwing codes - The R had multiple 02 sensor fails then it would have a battery draining issue, it had only done less than 20k miles, so traded for the SVR aaaaaannnnnnnnd, safe to say last Jag i ever buy, its put me right off :/
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Congratulations - Photos? :)
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
corbs

Post by corbs »

Purplecat wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:56 pm Congratulations - Photos? :)
Collecting Wednesday! Will post some photos once I’ve cleaned it properly (I don’t expect the dealer to be as fussy as me!)
corbs

Post by corbs »

MonstaSVR wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:55 pm YO!

New member here too, traded in a 16plate R for a 17 plate SVR - and guess what - nothing but 02 sensor issues with both haha - the SVR has only done 9000 miles and its throwing codes - The R had multiple 02 sensor fails then it would have a battery draining issue, it had only done less than 20k miles, so traded for the SVR aaaaaannnnnnnnd, safe to say last Jag i ever buy, its put me right off :/
Is that common? My 14 plate didn’t miss a beat - new one has JLR warranty so fairly relaxed if it’s got issues
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and Welcome,

There have been a few reports of O2 sensors "failing". I have had one myself when the car was not used for months when I did my leg. Whether usage or not or getting a good thrashing once in a while matters or not I don't know but 30,000 miles later I have had no issues.
Now on 44,000
Last edited by simpleR on Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

In the US and Canada the O2 sensors have a 15 year warranty!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Failing O2 sensors is a very common minor issue with the F-Type isn't it? I had one replaced under warranty and am expecting more to go over time.

It's the price we pay for all the pops and cracks. My understanding is that the unburnt fuel causing the pops and cracks over time damages the O2 sensors and cats. Fortunately the sensors are usually cheap to replace.

I for one would actually prefer not to have the pops and cracks... unnecessary stress on the cats and sensors, feels a bit too much four banger boy racer hot hatch and the glorious exhaust note is all I want.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Noise and bangs from V8....makes you chuckle like a school kid....esp through tunnels 😁
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post