New SVR Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
milwilson

Post by milwilson »

Greetings from New Zealand. New to this chat forum format so not sure if I'm doing this correctly.

I'm a classic car enthusiast (6 cars) but decided I needed a "modern" for reliability/useability reasons in my advancing years.

After 3 years' research, looking mainly at Aston Martin Vantage (S but preferably V12), finally decided no - hard to find in manual & the autos are awful/expensive to maintain or service.

Finally decided on F type Jag - better servicing/parts & if it has to be auto, the 8 speed ZF is a good iteration & in F type format well calibrated, almost as good as a pdf & no problems with replacement clutches.

Hope my assumptions are correct.

So have just bought a 2019 SVR with 6500kms (4000 miles) from original owner through the main Jaguar dealer in Auckland, New Zealand. It still has 2 years warranty/service plan/ 24 hour road assist.

It is well specced with carbon ceramics & carbon trim option (including spoiler). It does have the pan roof rather than the carbon roof, which I prefer. I find the cabin quite claustrophobic without the natural light from the clear roof.

Loving it so far, & still exploring it's capabilities with dynamic setup on engine/transmission.

Astonished that I achieved better than 30mpg on my 2500 km return trip to my home in the South Island.

One question to anyone who's still with me out there... my car has the Satin SVO Premium Palette paint finish. What is the best way to care for this paintwork, especially to protect from marks/road film etc. & generally maintain in pristine condition?

Any advice much appreciated.

FYI, I already have a Jaguar E Type (series 1 FHC), an E24 M6 BMW, a Datsun 240z (owned 45 years), MGB roadster (owned 53 years) FJ 40 Landcruiser, & WRX Subaru.

jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Congratulations to you on the other side of the world!
A nice collection of cars you have there.
I also recently purchased an SVR with SVO satin paint and the good news is looking after satin paint is not as hard as some make out. Just wash as normal.
Initially I’d read you should avoid car shampoo with “shine” built in etc but I recently found an article that said there is no way such products will make satin paint turn gloss.
The main thing, which I’m sure you know already, is you cannot polish satin paint, so if you do get a mark or light scratch you cannot polish it out like you can with gloss paint.
But if you are generally careful with your cars, as most enthusiasts are, you’ll be absolutely fine.
Autoglym recommends using Fast Glass on the bodywork for removing light soiling and I confirm it works very well.
Enjoy!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Meant to ask - what colour is your SVO paint?
Also - consider having PPF applied if you want ultimate paint protection and if you normally suffer from stone chips - something like Xpel Stealth works very well
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! You made the right choice between the Jag and the Aston - the Aston is just a rich man's F-Type! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Restless native

Post by Restless native »

Congratulations, your car sounds amazing would be great to see some pictures.
Wishing you health to enjoy your new toy :D
No pipe and slippers here :D MY19 Carpathian grey 2.0L Chequered flag convertible.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post