New Daily Driver Required

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
M100Bert

Post by M100Bert »

Hi All,
We currently have a 2004 Alpina Z4, which is our weekend car for the summer but circumstances are changing so we are looking to sell the Z4 and get an F-Type. We've had the Z'd for 10 years in August and only put 6,000 miles on it, great car but not one for the winter as we live in a rural area.

Looking for an AWD V6 or V8, 2017+ external and interior colours, wheels etc. really seem to depend upon the whole car package, as some seem to go together and others not so much - but that is always in the eye of the beholder and very subjective. There are a few out there that we have seen, driven a V6 MY2013 last year but that one had not been looked after, the ride was chalk and cheese with the Z'd though. So much smoother and more refined.

I'm sure I'll will be back with loads of questions as and when.....

A few pics of the old girl for interest.

Rob

Photo 12-08-2014 16 19 26.png

Photo 30-07-2016, 17 17 28.jpg

Photo 30-07-2016, 17 17 59.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum, and good luck in your search. Enjoy those test drives!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Hi and welcome Rob,
Nice Alpina..
The move from Z4 to F Type is not a new one. Several on here have made it, inc. myself after a decade in a 3.0s Z4. Never regretted it for a moment in 5 years of ownership.
I’d suggest a V6S as the best move from the Z4. You’ll for sure enjoy the extra power of the V8; but also miss the agility with the extra nose weight.
AWD is good in poor weather but saps the performance and rwd fun, so something to consider. You need to test a few variants to decide.
Good luck in the hunt and enjoy it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post