New F-Type and member

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
davidls

Post by davidls »

That’s the fella! Thanks so much for the picture that looks like exactly what I have in my boot 👍 I can take off my crocodile clips and use the bolts which will be much better. Thanks taking the time to send the pic 🤗
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.

davidls

Post by davidls »

mickjaguar wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:59 pm It disables the solenoid that closes the valves. On these cars the valves only fully open at high revs or under full throttle. It's worth a try to see if you like it. Nice burble at low revs.

On the V8s you can exercise the valves by hand occasionally to keep them mobile if you want.
I have a V8 P575 R and it has the exhaust switch on the console, this seems to open the valves and allows all four exhausts to operate, same seems to apply if I switch it to dynamic mode. Is this the same thing i.e. I don’t need to take out the fuse?
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
scm

Post by scm »

davidls wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:36 pmI have a V8 P575 R and it has the exhaust switch on the console, this seems to open the valves and allows all four exhausts to operate, same seems to apply if I switch it to dynamic mode. Is this the same thing i.e. I don’t need to take out the fuse?
Depending on the MY the exhaust switch operates differently. With the fuse in, the car's electronics control the opening of the valves, which may, or may not, open fully. Removing F15 will leave them wide open all the time. The noise may appeal, or you might find it a bit overwhelming - give it a try and see what you think.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
davidls

Post by davidls »

scm wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:21 pm
davidls wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:36 pmI have a V8 P575 R and it has the exhaust switch on the console, this seems to open the valves and allows all four exhausts to operate, same seems to apply if I switch it to dynamic mode. Is this the same thing i.e. I don’t need to take out the fuse?
Depending on the MY the exhaust switch operates differently. With the fuse in, the car's electronics control the opening of the valves, which may, or may not, open fully. Removing F15 will leave them wide open all the time. The noise may appeal, or you might find it a bit overwhelming - give it a try and see what you think.
Thanks! I’ll give it a go, I already thought I’d bought a fire breathing dragon! Will be interesting to see what difference it makes 😁
ianp

Post by ianp »

Beautiful car congratulations.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
davidls

Post by davidls »

ianp wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:44 pm Beautiful car congratulations.
Thank you 🤗 I still can’t believe I have one. It’s insane 🤪
scm

Post by scm »

davidls wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:55 pmIt’s insane 🤪
Au contraire - possibly the sanest thing you've done! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post