Newbie lurker

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Alan0138

Post by Alan0138 »

Hi everybody I’ve got the urge to go for a sports car after having to retire recently .
I’m selling my Range Rover Velar D300 this week and hoping to find a good F type the holy grail is the V8 with tan leather with a soft top in BRG my budget is 50k max.
If there’s any useful advice you could give me about what to look for ect I’d be grateful.
I’m looking forward to reading the entire forum I don’t think il be driving until Christmas so I should be an expert by then.
Thanks in advance Al.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome!
Can we call you Al? 🙂
Plenty of good advice on here so try not to be more busy post retirement, as is often the case!
Good luck with your search and we look forward to some pictures.
Tip - give your grin muscles a good work out - you’ll need them 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

First thing to be aware of, is there are a load of iffy cars that just go round and round the trade with patchy history.

Good ones will tend to sell reasonably quickly so you will probably be looking for something that is new onto the market and has the right background of a cherished car (same as buying a house. Always loads around until you do some viewings and realise they all back onto a sewage farm etc).

As you have time on your hands, you'll spot the stuff that's been hanging around and be able home in on the arrivals.

Finding a rare colour combination isn't easy, but it is possible if you wait. It might take 12 months or more (could come up next week though). You need to be ready to pounce when it does.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Alan0138

Post by Alan0138 »

IMG_0474.png

Thank you for your kind welcome I’m laid up for a few months so I’m concentrating on finding my dream car.
I found it unfortunately it’s over my 50k max budget I’m sure something will turn up in January hopefully.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is car 63839.

3 recorded previous owners but it would be a lot more drivers. Was originally a Jaguar owned car which was sold but returned to storage at Bruntingthorpe.

Cannot find original reg, currently on a private plate ending FTR. Unsure why it has changed hands so much but does have a FJSH. The original plate might reveal more.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Alan0138

Post by Alan0138 »

Thanks for the information that was very good of you regards Al.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post