There is a ticking noise from the engine and transmission in my F-Type v6 340hp My 18

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Peter Sepa

Post by Peter Sepa »

Hello users, I have a problem, for some time I have been hearing a ticking sound when cold, from the engine and under the car, when the engine warms up and reaches the optimal temperature, this noise decreases, plus when it is extremely hot outside, a scraping noise when I keep the car under load above 2000 rpm

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.

Ticking / tapping sound from engine on a V6 is normal when cold. Lots of topics about this and why on here. As long as it stops when warm then that is ok.

The scrapping noise is not normal. Any further details on this?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Peter Sepa

Post by Peter Sepa »

The scraping noise sounds from under the bodywork, the front part more, when it's warm, when it reaches the optimal temperature, like a friction together with rubbing parts, I can't really describe the sound, it's strange, when I get to the car, I'll record it a small video from the inside, I mention that the sound can be heard both from the inside and from the outside
Peter Sepa

Post by Peter Sepa »

I mention that the gearbox for 3 days, it started to give shocks in all the gears, but not always, only when I accelerate it and keep it in charge, when I accelerate firmly, the gear changes are firm
scm

Post by scm »

I wonder if the engine mounts are worn? Or maybe a heat shield not positioned correctly?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Kev

Post by Kev »

How many miles has the car done?
Checked fluid levels?
Driven through any floods?
Supercharger nose bearing?
Air-con compressor - is the noise there with the climate control switched off?
Alternator pulley bearing noisy?
Drive belt tensioner pulley?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post