Soon to be SVR owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
tonyb1974

Post by tonyb1974 »

HI all

Thought id just introduce my self, i am collecting a me new to me SVR coupe next Sunday :D :D , probably not going to sleep all week I'm like a kid at Christmas ! I currently have an F82 BMW M4 competition which i have owned for 2.5 great years and will be sad to see go, it will certainly be missed and has been faultless and great fun in dry conditions, I made the foolish/fortunate mistake of driving a friends SVR and knew i just had to have one, Mrs B not on board after promising her the M4 was staying a few months ago after getting it detailed professionally, that being said she never really liked the harshness and much preferred driving the XKR i was surprised and just how much better damped the SVR is vs the M4. I have always liked the F-Type and Jaguars in general, in the past i have had an XJS 3.6, XJRs and an X100 XKR which i spent a good amount of money on getting up to scratch,

Have been reading plenty of posts here and thoroughly enjoy the content, I just bought one one of the Arid innovations phone holders after reading a post here, will eventually work out a more permanent solution to the apple car play issue, have seen the TTW suggestions here also, will perhaps call Audiofile incar in Bishops Stortford as they are near my folks place

some pics for you all, the V800BAM plate will be going on the SVR once i have the V5

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday

Tony

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome (back!) to the fold! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
tonyb1974

Post by tonyb1974 »

Cheers SCM, I've always had a thing for Jags, well Jags and BMW's, have feeling this will certainly get under my skin, will get some pictures up once I've collected it
Kev

Post by Kev »

Welcome to the most eloquent of forums

Is that a Lister XJS with the bodykit?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
tonyb1974

Post by tonyb1974 »

Sadly not a Lister, it’s a 1989 1st gen XJR-S, they came with nothing more than TWR body kit and improved suspension, engine was a 5.3 with the same power as the regular cars, the later cars came with a 6.0 and a Zytek ECU and a bit more power was told the 5.3 was a safer bet as the 6.0 ECU could be temperamental

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post