It’s official, I’m an F-TYPE owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
joedem85

Post by joedem85 »

After a few weeks of ownership I’m still amazed I own one of these cars, and I am OBSESSED.
Any small opportunity to take it out for a spin and I’m in the driver seat with the windows down and right foot planted. It’s incredible.
The car will be my daily, though I’m only likely to cover about 5k commuting miles a year in it, but do have some euro trips planned to squeeze as much enjoyment out of it as possible.
I’ve read a LOT of content on this forum and it’s been a huge help during my search, and will undoubtedly be an excellent source for guidance in the future.
This is my beauty

IMG_3027.jpeg

2015 V6S Auto Coupe
Corris Grey
Tornado alloys, black
Panoramic roof
Black pack

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome and congratulations.

Definitely the right attitude too - these cars are to be driven and enjoyed at every opportunity.

Just coming up to 100k miles myself and don’t care - the smiles per mile ratio has been amazing 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
tonyb1974

Post by tonyb1974 »

Congratulations, i pick mine up on Sunday so excited
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Congrats! Looks like you found yourself a great one there. They are built to be driven properly and it's a good sign if you're obsessed. So am I although I've already had mine for quite a while. As good old Clarkson once wrote: "If a car doesn’t make you excited every time you climb inside, then it’s just a tool. And if it’s just a tool, you may as well use the bus".

Have the bonnet vents been upgraded by the way? I see that it has the later more closed vents which I didn't think were fitted to cars as early as yours.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

She pretty, congrats on the purchase.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
joedem85

Post by joedem85 »

MajorTom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:51 am Congrats! Looks like you found yourself a great one there. They are built to be driven properly and it's a good sign if you're obsessed. So am I although I've already had mine for quite a while. As good old Clarkson once wrote: "If a car doesn’t make you excited every time you climb inside, then it’s just a tool. And if it’s just a tool, you may as well use the bus".

Have the bonnet vents been upgraded by the way? I see that it has the later more closed vents which I didn't think were fitted to cars as early as yours.
Not sure about the vents, I thought the car was completely stock but I didn't actually question it with the dealer. I’m sure someone on here could say for certain. That said, I would’ve changed them to the closed ones anyway so saved me a job.
2015 V6S Auto Coupe
Corris Grey
Tornado alloys, black
Panoramic roof
Black pack
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

joedem85 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:19 am
MajorTom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:51 am Congrats! Looks like you found yourself a great one there. They are built to be driven properly and it's a good sign if you're obsessed. So am I although I've already had mine for quite a while. As good old Clarkson once wrote: "If a car doesn’t make you excited every time you climb inside, then it’s just a tool. And if it’s just a tool, you may as well use the bus".

Not sure about the vents, I thought the car was completely stock but I didn't actually question it with the dealer. I’m sure someone on here could say for certain. That said, I would’ve changed them to the closed ones anyway so saved me a job.
Mines a 14 plate and has the same vents
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Might have part of the black pack. The base V6 came with a matt/satin black cross bar and lip, whereas the S had gloss black parts for these
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Having looked at some more pics of early cars I'm confused. Some actually have the "newer" vents - some with black pack and some without. Never mind, good that you have the good ones anyway. :)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post