New owner What am I in for.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
markorange

Post by markorange »

Hello. pulled the trigger and purchased this little number. What can I expect? reliability? any recommendations?

20231008_151021.jpg

davidls

Post by davidls »

Hi!
Love the colour, I have only had mine for a couple of months so can’t comment on reliability or issues as haven’t come across any yet.
From what I have seen and heard, look after it and it will look after you.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.
A P300 in Bluefire.

Drive and enjoy and stick to the service intervals.
(Yours is next due a service on 25th Nov).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

The F-Type is my 4th Jag and all of them have proved to be no less reliable than any other make I've had, and more reliable than some! The myth of Jaguar unreliability is usually held by people who think Jaguar is still in the bad old British Leyland days, and have probably never even ridden in, let alone owned, a modern one. When I my bought first jag back in 2007 (a 2001 XK8) I kept my Nissan Almera as a backup for when the Jag was being repaired - since then it usually does about 20 miles a year to be serviced and MOTed. I don't think my experience is unique, though, just keep on top of the maintenance and your only expense will be fuel and tyres!

The main downside to F-Type ownership is the aching face from grinning so much! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post